Web
Analytics
Report - - Old Parkbury - St Albans - July 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Parkbury - St Albans - July 2021

RandomPanicPanda

28DL Member
28DL Member
HISTORY

There wasn’t much I could find online unfortunately, it’s been a Grade II listed building since 1971.

~Farmhouse. C15-16. Early-mid C19 casing. Timber frame. Yellow stock brick front. Plain tile hipped roof. 2 storeys. 5 recessed sash windows, those of left and right centre blank. Central flush panel door with shaped bracket hood. Floor band. Wide eaves soffit. At S end of house is a truncated low gable, behind which is a large late C17 lateral chimeny stack, this part formerly a cross wing to the earlier house. Roughcast rear elevation shows 2 lateral stacks, the N one larger. 4 flush sash windows. Probably 4 timber frame bays. Gable end at S end, heightened on S side~

EXPLORATION

So this is my first report, I apologise in advance if it’s not allowed as I actually couldn’t get into the farm house itself but I thought it was a nice way to introduce myself :) I learnt a lot on my first exploration, mainly even if it’s a heatwave in 33 degrees DO NOT wear a dress… I have never been more covered in nettle stings, bramble scratches and thorn cuts. Pretty dumb on my part, but lesson learnt, waterproof trousers next time!

The surrounding 8ft spiked metal fencing was sooo overgrown with vegetation it was difficult to get around but I scaled around the area and eventually found a bar missing which I could squeeze through. Little be known to me, as I waded through the nettles full of hope it was only into another section sealed off and I would have to get over another tall fence. I found a way over but I’d have to climb a tree and was a bit worried being 5ft nothing and on my own about getting back over. Pretty (understatement) gutted really. I spent quite a while trying but I had to accept defeat on this occasion. I guess better safe than sorry. I’ll 100% be back and I’m thinking it may be best once some of the summer plantation die down or if I manage to find (convince) someone to come with me.

There was a derelict warehouse next to it which had some pretty good graffiti and loved the open roof with the sun shining through, and a bank job long gone ;)

I really enjoyed myself though and was nice getting back into it, it was a surprisingly beautiful location full of wild flowers and insects despite the industry works next to it. I used to work in a job where I accessed derelict properties often but since leaving I needed my fill again, hence starting urban exploration. In Herts so much gets developed quickly and a lot of the previous places I have been Harperbury etc, are long gone and new housing estates. I have a few places lined up to visit over the coming weeks though. I hope you enjoyed :)

admin

Administrator
Admin
Moved here for some friendly advice. Also have a read of this regarding the residential section content..

tigger

mog
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL

Whislt your post wouldn't make the cut for inclusion in the resdidential section it would certainly have been fine posted into the New Members Introduction section (though fewer photos).

Have a read of the newbies guide if you haven't already:

Lots of good info to help you get along here. You've obviously got the hang of posting photos (often seems to be a stumbling block!) but there is a guide on posting reports that has more useful points. It's a sticky post in the New Members section so easy to find.

Another option for some of these photos would be the General Photo Thread. It's less formal than normal reports so doesn't need things like history (though you can add that too). Again though, fewer photos and stick to the idea of 'urbex' rather than natural history.

After reading the above perhaps post an introduction in the correct section.

Any other questions about the way things run round here then feel free to ask.

Looking forward to seeing your future input.

RandomPanicPanda

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome to 28DL

Whislt your post wouldn't make the cut for inclusion in the resdidential section it would certainly have been fine posted into the New Members Introduction section (though fewer photos).

Have a read of the newbies guide if you haven't already:

Lots of good info to help you get along here. You've obviously got the hang of posting photos (often seems to be a stumbling block!) but there is a guide on posting reports that has more useful points. It's a sticky post in the New Members section so easy to find.

Another option for some of these photos would be the General Photo Thread. It's less formal than normal reports so doesn't need things like history (though you can add that too). Again though, fewer photos and stick to the idea of 'urbex' rather than natural history.

After reading the above perhaps post an introduction in the correct section.

Any other questions about the way things run round here then feel free to ask.

Looking forward to seeing your future input.
Thanks for taking the time to have a read, advice is all noted thank you and I've had a read of the survival guide now :)

I've had a visit at another location since, so hopefully will be submitted properly. I've never been great with forums so please bear with me until I learn the ropes lol! Thanks and super happy to be part of this community!

RandomPanicPanda

28DL Member
28DL Member
Moved here for some friendly advice. Also have a read of this regarding the residential section content..

Thanks all taken on board :)

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Crikey wasnt expecting for this one to crop up again. I thought they were doing work on it, well they were when i was inside it on my report as workman turned up and had to sit it out in the attic at the top. Sure it was being done up and would have had people living in it by now. great if not.

Might have to revisit this one, sure there is a way in well there was years ago, ill see if its still doable.

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just in case you havent seen it, some internals here from mine and Els visits a good 6 years ago

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WilsonTheHuman Other Sites 2