Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Old Suffolk coastal offices, Woodbridge, Suffolk | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Old Suffolk coastal offices, Woodbridge, Suffolk

terry isle of dogs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys, long term lurker here, I have been reading lots of reports and now I have a lead for you, the old Suffolk coastal district council offices, melton hill, woodbridge are now empty and awaiting demolition, this is a huge site and underneath one of the buildings there is a nuclear bunker, still fully stocked, also great views and lots of points of entry, a great explore and worth a visit before its demolished

reclaimedbynature

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys, long term lurker here, I have been reading lots of reports and now I have a lead for you, the old Suffolk coastal district council offices, melton hill, woodbridge are now empty and awaiting demolition, this is a huge site and underneath one of the buildings there is a nuclear bunker, still fully stocked, also great views and lots of points of entry, a great explore and worth a visit before its demolished
Prove it ;)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I believe if your looking for the bunker, its behind a red door according to the many many books ive read. Ive seen the manholes open and the track that runs beneath the forest . Hope you find it, if it exists. Ive wondered if it does for many many years now

terry isle of dogs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I believe if your looking for the bunker, its behind a red door according to the many many books ive read. Ive seen the manholes open and the track that runs beneath the forest . Hope you find it, if it exists. Ive wondered if it does for many many years now
I have had the man hole cover off in the forest and been down, it leads to a bigger complex but it is blocked as you get into the army base, would need more people to get through and now they have strapped the manhole down with steel, I have also found tunnels at bentwaters leading from a hardened command post to a hangar...

The underground bunker is certainly there, its just getting into it

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I have had the man hole cover off in the forest and been down, it leads to a bigger complex but it is blocked as you get into the army base, would need more people to get through and now they have strapped the manhole down with steel, I have also found tunnels at bentwaters leading from a hardened command post to a hangar...

The underground bunker is certainly there, its just getting into it

There are around 8 more manhole covers in the forest, maybe one of them isnt blocked? yes Bentwaters also meant to be connected via tunnel, but isnt it a care home now?

Calamity Jane

Regular User
There are around 8 more manhole covers in the forest, maybe one of them isnt blocked? yes Bentwaters also meant to be connected via tunnel, but isnt it a care home now?

There are rumors of an entrance near Ofordness to the underground tunnels of Old Bentwaters. Ive been told its watched though. I know a few old airmen that worked there during the 80s

Booie Bowers

28DL Member
28DL Member
Weren't these demolished years ago?

This os the location of the new council offices, they have only been built a couple of years. This is on the site of the old Girdlestone building. The buildings you are looking for are in the pic attached. I'm hoping to pay it a visit soon when I'm back in my old hometown :)

Attachments

Booie Bowers

28DL Member
28DL Member
In the red blob is the location of the old council office buildings (the ones you're looking for) & in the purple blob the location of the new council office buildings. Hope this helps. I have been told that the buildings are alarmed, so watch your step ;)

Attachments

Last edited: