real time web analytics
Report - - Old Tyrone & Fermanagh Hospital, Old Drumragh - 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Tyrone & Fermanagh Hospital, Old Drumragh - 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ChloeWat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Living in the same town as this building made me more eager to try explore it as i knew some of the history already, it was built as an asylum, sometime in the 1800s, with its purpose of a psychiatric hospital (lunatic asylum) which closed sometime in the 1990s.

In 1995, part of the building was turned into an integrated college called Drumragh, however received capital funding in 2001 and the school was rebuilt elsewhere by 2009. it has been said by some of the past students that some of the building was 'out of bounds' and some stairs/entries being bricked or boarded up due to equipment from the asylum still being there.

Parts of the main building are now in use again; the NHS seems to store equipment in parts and there is social workers using rooms near the main entrance.

There is an extensive tunnel network under this site which links the main buildings to the churches and morgue, Unfortunately on several visits we have been unable to access these tunnels as a lot of work has gone into blocking external entry points to the system.

Many people believe that this place is haunted due to the horrible events that took place during when it was an asylum, with many people believing to have seen a womanly figure wearing a white dress through the windows.

After returning to the building after these photos were taken; we noticed that most of the equipment, desks, tables, and units have now been removed from the building as it seems it is being cleared out, perhaps there is plans to reopen or something?

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0080.JPG

DSCN0321.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

DSCN0324.JPG

DSCN0325.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

DSCN0328.JPG

DSCN0329.JPG

DSCN0330.JPG

DSCN0331.JPG

DSCN0332.JPG

DSCN0334.JPG

DSCN0335.JPG

DSCN0336.JPG

DSCN0339.JPG

DSCN0340.JPG

DSCN0341.JPG

DSCN0342.JPG

DSCN0344.JPG

DSCN0345.JPG

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0348.JPG

DSCN0353.JPG

DSCN0354.JPG

DSCN0355.JPG

DSCN0356.JPG

DSCN0351.JPG

DSCN0352.JPG

Screenshot_20180525-224720.jpg

Milhouse

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics and amazing building for the year.
Is this place still standing or have contractors taken yet another piece of history

ChloeWat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's still standing as the building is listed, however most ways in have now been boarded up and doors locked as they are clearing inside of it out

Last edited:

Arkham_Adventurer

28DL Member
28DL Member
It's still standing as the building is listed, however most ways in have now been boarded up and doors locked as they are clearing inside of it out
I've been in and out a 3 or 4 times recently, each time through a different entrance. Also on the top floor there is a unlocked door linking the drumragh side to the hospital side. There were chairs and desks stacked up in that room, looked like a canteen or recreation room. I didn't go any further that day but I want to go back and explore that side if I can, think it's only used for councilor appointments now so even that side is pretty empty now too. :thumb

ChloeWat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been in and out a 3 or 4 times recently, each time through a different entrance. Also on the top floor there is a unlocked door linking the drumragh side to the hospital side. There were chairs and desks stacked up in that room, looked like a canteen or recreation room. I didn't go any further that day but I want to go back and explore that side if I can, think it's only used for councilor appointments now so even that side is pretty empty now too. :thumb
Yeaa it’s a great place, however we’ve noticed the security guard does patrols around the place every hour or so, with his office being onsite also. Most of the left side of the building is now being used as a main office for social workers, with people working there everyday until 5/6pm, so have to be careful not to cross over to the active rooms as they have haven’t locked or secured the door connecting it to the rest of the building, if caught in there you would be in severe bother as there would be current confidential files in there. You would clearly tell when you’re going into the used bit as on one side of the door (like most of the rest of the building) is dirty and paint peeling, but once you open it; it’s completly fresh, clean and new on the other side, leading into new bathrooms/toilets.

Arkham_Adventurer

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yeaa it’s a great place, however we’ve noticed the security guard does patrols around the place every hour or so, with his office being onsite also. Most of the left side of the building is now being used as a main office for social workers, with people working there everyday until 5/6pm, so have to be careful not to cross over to the active rooms as they have haven’t locked or secured the door connecting it to the rest of the building, if caught in there you would be in severe bother as there would be current confidential files in there. You would clearly tell when you’re going into the used bit as on one side of the door (like most of the rest of the building) is dirty and paint peeling, but once you open it; it’s completly fresh, clean and new on the other side, leading into new bathrooms/toilets.
You're right, it seems that the whole place is slowly shutting down so it might be safer until its completely disused before I venture any further than the Drumragh side