Web
Analytics
Report - - Oldham (curved) Railway warehouse-23/8/7 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oldham (curved) Railway warehouse-23/8/7



R

romanian1

Guest
Guest
#1
Visited today with Dweeb.

The Park Road, or more correctly Clegg Street, Railway Warehouse at Oldham was built in 1876 and although it often know as the London & North Western Railway warehouse it was actually built by the Oldham, Ashton & Guide Bridge Railway which was jointly owned by the London & North Western and the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway (later the Great Central Railway). It was last used in the 1960s and since then has stood empty and becoming increasingly derelict. It owes its survival to the fact of beening listed grade 2 on the basis of its unusual curved layout. Over the years there have been many proposals for the re-use of this building but none have succeeded.

Just a quick stop off really on our way to see other things but a very interesting one nontheless, despite having no real artifacts inside, its a building with real character.

DSCF6982.jpg


DSCF6935.jpg


DSCF6929.jpg


DSCF6930.jpg


DSCF6934.jpg


DSCF6949.jpg


DSCF6973.jpg


DSCF6944.jpg


DSCF6952.jpg
 

Attachments

Similar threads