Web
Analytics
Question - - oldham lamps | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - oldham lamps

diverden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
help, can any of you wonderful people help me, i have a oldham type A P 202755 hand lamp and i do not know how to open the base of the lamp short of using a hack saw can any one help please.:

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
Regular User
Re: oldam lamps

got any pics mate as ive got loads of oldham lamps that no longer have the model number on them.

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
Regular User

It's a big lamp that looks like a lighthouse I think.

droylsden_kid

28DL Member
28DL Member

Sounds like a Type S.
These have a screw-on bottom which is locked in place by a magnetic latch, and a special type jig was obtainable to release the latch & wind open the bottom plate. The position of the latch is identified by an oval boss on the side.

Archivist, Denton Local History Society

diverden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

thanks for fast replies boys, yes it dose look like a lighthouse at the base of the lamp there is a boss welded on the side with a threaded screw and spring and what looks like a plunger inside this will not move. yes i have photo of it but do not know how to put it on here

C

codenamecueball

thanks for fast replies boys, yes it dose look like a lighthouse at the base of the lamp there is a boss welded on the side with a threaded screw and spring and what looks like a plunger inside this will not move. yes i have photo of it but do not know how to put it on here
Upload to something like Photobucket or filesmelt, then copy the DIRECT LINK (or the that just appears on filesmelt) and when you to go make a new post, go advanced at click the little picture icon (with the mountains) and paste in the link, click OK and you're good to go :D

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
bosh a photo up and I might be able to help, I've taken a few apart in the past. They are spark proof hence the complicated fastnings.