real time web analytics
Question - - oldham lamps | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - oldham lamps

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

diverden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
help, can any of you wonderful people help me, i have a oldham type A P 202755 hand lamp and i do not know how to open the base of the lamp short of using a hack saw can any one help please.:

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Re: oldam lamps

got any pics mate as ive got loads of oldham lamps that no longer have the model number on them.

droylsden_kid

28DL Member
28DL Member

Sounds like a Type S.
These have a screw-on bottom which is locked in place by a magnetic latch, and a special type jig was obtainable to release the latch & wind open the bottom plate. The position of the latch is identified by an oval boss on the side.

Archivist, Denton Local History Society

diverden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

thanks for fast replies boys, yes it dose look like a lighthouse at the base of the lamp there is a boss welded on the side with a threaded screw and spring and what looks like a plunger inside this will not move. yes i have photo of it but do not know how to put it on here

C

codenamecueball

thanks for fast replies boys, yes it dose look like a lighthouse at the base of the lamp there is a boss welded on the side with a threaded screw and spring and what looks like a plunger inside this will not move. yes i have photo of it but do not know how to put it on here

Upload to something like Photobucket or filesmelt, then copy the DIRECT LINK (or the that just appears on filesmelt) and when you to go make a new post, go advanced at click the little picture icon (with the mountains) and paste in the link, click OK and you're good to go :D

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
bosh a photo up and I might be able to help, I've taken a few apart in the past. They are spark proof hence the complicated fastnings.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Right, these are pics of Diverdens lamp.....

lamp001.jpg

lamp003.jpg

Attachments

• lamp002.gif
    lamp002.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 40

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details