real time web analytics
Report - - One of the Towers in the Barbican [London} | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - One of the Towers in the Barbican [London}

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dus.ta

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first report so please apologises if there are any errors.

Was strolling past Blakes Tower on the way home after my first roof topping encounter opposite St Paul's Cathedral. Noticed that it looked completely desolate as it was being renovated so decided to give it a go.

History: It was built in the aftermath of the Second World War, in an effort to reverse depopulation and restore an area of London that had suffered heavy damage in the blitz, the landmark Barbican estate is characterised by brutalist concrete architecture, world-renowned arts facilities, and elevated walkways.

The roof:

The views were incredible. There was a full 360 degree view of London, and plenty of spots to walk around for amazing photo opportunities.

Hope the reports okay, would love to hear your feedback on the photos. I've only been roof topping for 3 weeks but have visited 6 in London so far, so have plenty more reports to come!

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6329-2.jpg

Last edited:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good first report with some great pics :thumb

Removed the access details as it's not a good idea to include in a report, it also needs a date included in the title please.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's Blake tower, don't think it's actually part of the Barbican estate, although it fits in well. Used to be part of the YMCA I think but their refurbing for expensive apartments.

Nice one, looks like an interesting block from the ground :)

Should add some history!

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Decent first report, London always gives you some cracking shots

Mystictigg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How did you get on there ? I'm definitely a beginner but today I attempted to go there and I couldn't find a way in :/ mind sharing some advice bro?

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
How did you get on there ? I'm definitely a beginner but today I attempted to go there and I couldn't find a way in :/ mind sharing some advice bro?

We don't put access details up so everyone can see, after all you could be the building owner having posted nothing on here before. Get a few reports up and people tend to be a bit freer with information.

Mystictigg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We don't put access details up so everyone can see, after all you could be the building owner having posted nothing on here before. Get a few reports up and people tend to be a bit freer with information.
Ohhhh I seee sorry haha i just made this account ugh clearly a newbie