real time web analytics
Report - - Optimus Prime, Manchester - Nov 2013 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Optimus Prime, Manchester - Nov 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
Optimus Prime, Manchester - Nov 2013

Optimus Prime is a Victorian culvert that allows the River irk to Flow beneath Victoria railway station and eventually, join the Irwell. The first thing that you notice upon entrance is, it's pretty fucking big and as you wander through, you are greeted by some wonderful brickwork and the now infamous cattle bridge.

Visited firstly with Ojay, bumping into GAJ and Keïteï, fishbrain and a Russian bloke, Good to meet you all. Having not seen much upstream, on the first visit, I was invited back, this time with FreshFingers and again, with Ojay. Thanks to everyone for making it great.

The area used to look very different.
01Copy_zps76d21d6c.jpg

02Copy_zps972f40de.jpg

03Copy_zps5bd3467f.jpg

The water was kicking up some mad 'froth blobs.'

04Copy_zpsda60c21b.jpg

05Copy_zps5c3e4387.jpg

06Copy_zpsb299a966.jpg

07Copy_zps2f7961cd.jpg

08Copy_zpsbcb9482f.jpg

09Copy_zpsd9332ed2.jpg

10Copy_zps50c3fcb6.jpg

11Copy_zpsdb3a9e94.jpg

Out of here.

12Copy_zpsb6a43f9a.jpg

13Copy_zpse37529dd.jpg

A short Victoria video

[video=youtube;DbYN00ApMH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYN00ApMH8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for having a decko people. :thumb

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
didn't see a battery pack for a petzl headlamp down there did you ?..just near the scaff !? nice vid btw :thumb

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Shit(free) Hot!! Awesome stuff man & was good to meet you :thumb

If shot 5 was my lighting attempt, it's a million times better than mine mate haha :D

Top night under Manc :thumb

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
nice one, its still on the to do list is this :thumb Can you get onto the bridge from the scaf?

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Top work Nick. It's like a time capsule in there. The additions and alterations over the many decades are totally fascinating! Superior civil engineering for the time. Thanks for the invite boys :thumb

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
Cheers all, Keïteï', loving those low down pics, thanks for incorporating my blue torch in one of em! :)

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Here's the only shots I got that were even remotely rescuable. Had a proper shocker in here camera wise :p:

HG2Y2076.jpg

HG2Y2077.jpg