real time web analytics
Report - - Orchidee Factory,somewhere in france | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Orchidee Factory,somewhere in france

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ozymandias

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When I was on a family Holiday in France in August 2019 I was driving back to our Gite when I saw a Abandoned factory ,so obviously I pulled over and went in to explore.The factory was full of chemicals and hadn't been Vandalised or trashed. It had been abandoned from only a few months previous to my visit judging from ex staff members graffiti so was still full of paperwork ,tools etc .I stupidly didnt take a note of where I actually was in France .But from evidence inside I gathered it was owned by Orchidee who manufacture fire fighting foams.It was a nice little explore and was lovely to find a "Fresh" site that hadnt had everything pilfered or smashed up

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice explore, loads to look at. But omg the amount of chemicals left behind could be dangerous. All those tools and countersink machines left, Im surprised its all still there.

Fantastic shots. Great stuff :thumb

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Orchidee is part of the Incendin/GIMV group of companies. INCENDIN is an investment and participation firm owned by the management of the group companies and GIMV as the majority shareholder. Incendin is focusing on supporting and promoting durable growth and technological developments for companies active in the fire safety industry.

More about Orchidee at https://www.orchidee-fire.com/about-orchidee/

Ozymandias

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice explore, loads to look at. But omg the amount of chemicals left behind could be dangerous. All those tools and countersink machines left, Im surprised its all still there.

Fantastic shots. Great stuff :thumb
I was as surprised as you .The doors were wide open and no evidence of theft or vandalism (apart from a few scrawls in the staff room from the staffs last days) also were many outbuildings with dozens of ton bags loaded onto pallets which I assume were ready to ship ouit

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Always nice when you find these things by chance. Plonk that in the middle of the North East and it would be stripped within half an hour

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not only did they leave paperwork tools and chemicals it seems they left some guy at his desk sorting papers. Guess he didn’t get the email about it closing great report