real time web analytics
Report - - ORIENTAL MANSION, TELFORD, JUNE 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ORIENTAL MANSION, TELFORD, JUNE 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dynamitejetmoom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Background:

The house belonged to a Chinese entrepreneur who owned successful IT companies in the UK and abroad. In 2017 he was jailed for 18 months for tax evasion and other offences, and the court froze £24.7 million of his assets to reclaim what he owed. During this time his wife fled to Singapore to send £8 million to a bank account in Taiwan.
I am unsure as to where the couple are now but it sounds like they will not be returning to the UK.

The visit:

The property is on a busy street with lots of nosey neighbours, so we parked in a supermarket car park and walked round the back of the property where it was quieter. When entering the gardens we were very overwhelmed by it’s beauty but on the lookout for alarms, cameras etc. The garden is full of tropical plants and the oriental style pond still has Koi in it.

Access was a pain in the arse, but well worth it. The building is sound, floors in tact, it’s rare that you get places where it looks like the owners upped and left immediately but this is one of them. Endless photos, clothes, art works, you can really feel the history of what happened and imagine the lavish lifestyles these people had. If he had paid the tax man he could still be living like that..

This was hands down one of the most enchanting places I’ve been to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
It's been all over Facebook already so doubtless the usual set of goonie idiots know about it.
Too late then, :confused: Someone put these thing up for auction, probably bailiffs. But if family, this will be a great loss to them.

dynamitejetmoom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not been on here before to my knowledge but I'm sure this post is going to get the tourbus revved up, I wonder how long this one will last. You haven't done anything wrong by posting this it's just the way exploring seems to be nowadays.

Right okay, well a friend gave me the coordinates and I went there to check it out, didn't see any photos etc before, and I assumed if you find a good place (which I thought this was, I thoroughly enjoyed being there anyway) then you can post on 28dl. People find out about new places on here, and go themselves. Thought that's how it worked anyway.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Right okay, well a friend gave me the coordinates and I went there to check it out, didn't see any photos etc before, and I assumed if you find a good place (which I thought this was, I thoroughly enjoyed being there anyway) then you can post on 28dl. People find out about new places on here, and go themselves. Thought that's how it worked anyway.

Absolutely, my first comment was in reference to the hoards who will likely go there now they've seen it on here.

D&D Urban Explorer's

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow.. That place looks amazing. Great find and pics. Fingers crossed it doesn't get the idiots going in looting and wrecking the place. Lucky you for finding and exploring it for how it is now.

D&D Urban Explorer's

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's the reason I joined this site. I don't think you've done anything wrong and the report gave nothing away but since I've become a member on here I've seen a few comments aimed at some posts slating them for exploring what has already been done before and getting shitty comments back when asking a simple question in the forum. Thought this page was to help others and to share experiences??

Stfc87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here last year, it was immaculate. place has been trashed since by the looks of it. There are security patrols there now & police turn up straight away. The stuff is being auctioned off at the moment. You've basically give the location away, but every man and his dog have been here now sadly.

dynamitejetmoom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here last year, it was immaculate. place has been trashed since by the looks of it. There are security patrols there now & police turn up straight away. The stuff is being auctioned off at the moment. You've basically give the location away, but every man and his dog have been here now sadly.

Well again sorry to disappoint. I haven’t given the location away it could be anywhere in Telford

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That's the reason I joined this site. I don't think you've done anything wrong and the report gave nothing away but since I've become a member on here I've seen a few comments aimed at some posts slating them for exploring what has already been done before and getting shitty comments back when asking a simple question in the forum. Thought this page was to help others and to share experiences??

Mine & Mooksters comments weren't slating the post. The report is very good. I hadnt seen it on here, nor FB. We say tour bus when a place looks exceptional & with some expensive things left behind. That is all we were referring too. Maybe we both should of stated firstly that the report was good, and the photos beautiful. But alas we have seen so many excellent explores get trashed in days, when posted publicly here. I believe there are many more explorers here than on FB site.

We will always help members if they contribute & help themselves too. :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 1286) View details