real time web analytics
Report - - Ormsirk Magistrates Court (Aug 2022) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ormsirk Magistrates Court (Aug 2022)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nyrian

Banned
Banned
The court is a grade 2 listed building which opened in 1850. It served as the magistrates and coroners court and housed the local constable. It closed in 2016 and is currently being converted into a hotel. The owner's instagram page shows lots of lovely photos, but having been there I think those must be computer generated images or photos of other places they want it to look like. Because we could see through the windows and it was mostly bare or busted.

We were hoping for a good explore based on previous reports such as:

But on arriving it was clear they had already done a lot of demolition. After a wall jump and brick-pile scramble we got super happy on finding the back door completely open! Then angry at being so horribly tricked by what was behind the unlocked door. The only other easy access was round the side, but again - it looked like an open window but isn't. It's sheet metal. The inside still looked very explorable and there were some high access points for the more adventurous of you. We don't do those. No idea if the jail cells are still intact. But you don't have long for this one I think.

Here is what Google maps are showing. Doesn't look like that at all just now:

original.jpg

Here is the few photos we took trying to get in just so you can see how much has already been done:

back.jpg

backzoom.jpg

door.jpg

You know that moment when you think you've just found an easy way in? Lasted about 1.5 seconds.

measure.jpg

The "Standards of Imperial Measurement" plaque was still on the side of the building. These would be near courthouses and places of trade so people could check the trader was using a proper measuring stick if they thought they were being cheated. Or for traders to create a new measuring stick if they needed one. "The inch, foot and yard are defined at 62 degrees Fahrenheit."

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Can you ensure you are including the month and year of your visit in the title please. You should still be able to edit your reports to add the date, cheers

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Last I heard it was bare bones on the inside so I wouldn't be that disappointed

Nyrian

Banned
Banned
Last I heard it was bare bones on the inside so I wouldn't be that disappointed

Aye. But the fact the owner isn't really being clear about the photos being 'dreams' rather than reality always seems suspicious to me. Like the boat leisure thing in Birkenhead where he was rasing money and telling people loads of work was being done. Then urbexers broke in and released video showing the guy hadn't even started. Or maybe I've just got a pessimistic outlook on life....