Web
Analytics
Other interest? | General Chat | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Other interest?

Down and beyond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's very cool! Damn I'm glad my only time with these in service was in the UK. Think I'd have shit myself if I'd had to climb into a Landy in Afghan.
You might of drove this mate it saw lots of service in the uk!

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
Saw a great towbar the other day I dont recall seeing before, it was the size and shape of a nato hitch but it didn't have the top keep and had a ball on the tip of the hook so you could tow either style without having to swap hitches.

Down and beyond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So was out doing another interest of mine digging up old tips their mostly bottle banks we call them you do find very old crockery their also though I normally go with me two sons love it ! Just thought I would share a couple of photos of some of are fines for you all to view

One part of a huge collection all sorts of things
Bovril and marmite jars to the right a fire damage medicine bottle , then a torpedo bottle

One of many that state poisonous, some very small ones with a 2p for scale then a beautiful one i suspect is perfume .

I find it so interesting as a lot of the alcohol ,water milk ,are all from places that still have less than a hundred houses today and not even a shop not a single one of these companies are here now It’s all disappeared for ever are local self sufficiency

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You ever gone over the Victotorian dumps around Sittingbourne? One of my uncles made a fair packet selling his finds on the Portabello Road

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
The aldi in chapel where i live was an old bottle bank, as a kid me and me mate used to tunnel through the spoils making dens, I think back now and it was so dangerous lol. Nearly everything was always smashed and if it wasn't we normally smashed it lol.
Got some blue bottles somewhere and some small clear/greenish ones.
One of my mates has a collection of ceramic ones.
I never took bottles up as a hobby but always like to see them.

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
Seen a few videos of guys freight hopping across America and Canada, i'd love to try it one day too be honest, but there's some horrible fines if you get caught doing it!
I bet it would be a great thing to get to experience just once in life though!

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A chance to get out and photograph some buses and coaches yesterday as a guest on a 1948 coach on an 80 mile circular route

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
--- and another chance to get out today to see the preserved SMT J66, DSG169, a Leyland Titan TD5 built in 1942 with Leyland L27/26R bodywork