real time web analytics
Report - - Otterburn Hall Hotel, Northumberland, July 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Otterburn Hall Hotel, Northumberland, July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AdamGill7

28DL Member
28DL Member
First Report

Had heard about this place a few times so we decided to check it out since we had a free day to do some exploring. Thought I would make my first report on this place.

Otterburn Hall History

Otterburn Hall is an English country house and estate in Otterburn, Northumberland. It is situated in 500 acres (200 ha) of deer park and woodland in the Northumberland National Park, northeastern England. The building was constructed in 1870 for Lord James Douglas, the land given to him as recompense for the death of Lord James Douglas, who fought at the Battle of Otterburn, and was killed near Otterburn Tower (originally a castle), itself founded in 1086, and rebuilt in 1830. Both Otterburn Hall and Otterburn Castle have been seats of landed gentry. From 1980 to 2012, Otterburn Hall was used as a hotel. The house is Grade-II listed with English Heritage, and rated with four-stars by the Architectural Association School of Architecture.

The Explore

Inside was fairly empty, as it looked as though some building work had been stopped half way through. The main room when you walk in was quite cluttered with all sorts of stuff, such as a piano and about 15 fire extinguishers for some reason. It was interesting to have a wander and explore how each room looked mid-renovation. We roamed from bottom to top to bottom again, whilst being greeted by a few of the local pigeons in the process. There was another building attached to the Hall, however we were unable to get inside. Next time I think we'll take some ladders so we can maybe explore the extra building. I would have loved to visited this place a couple of years back when the inside was still intact, however all in all this was a really enjoyable experience accompanied by some lovely weather.

Please see below for some photos that I took from the visit.

The Front

The other building and conservatory

Inside

I regret not taking more photos of the outside or the adjoining building, but will keep in mind for my next report.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.

More than happy for anyone to give any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Really nice first report there, good pics and write-up.
I've just edited out the access details though - bare in mind owners and security are able to see what's posted on here, so including access details often leads to places getting sealed up.

AdamGill7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Really nice first report there, good pics and write-up.
I've just edited out the access details though - bare in mind owners and security are able to see what's posted on here, so including access details often leads to places getting sealed up.
Thank you for the feedback, appreciate it. Will keep in mind for my next report

Daley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this 2 days ago, it’s a beautiful place just a shame all the graffiti and damage

wolfsburg45

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was one of the first explores I ever did a couple of years ago too, my profile pic is of myself and my girlfriend sitting on the fountain in the front entrance

chills

Queller of the uprising
Where is this place .

Can you read? It’s in the title.

Equally, asking outright for information like this doesn’t usually go down too well considering you haven’t contributed to the site and have nothing to your name.

Before you progress any further on the site, have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Ive always found places that were open to the public are amongst the easiest to find on the Internet.

Jima

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for this report, going to have a look here in the next few weeks, after posting only two reports confidence is building to get out there and do more locally. I am sure I have stayed here as a girl guide in the 90's, not sure though I am sure that there was a campsite nearby too.

Who has read this thread (Total: 296) View details