real time web analytics
Report - - Otterburn Hall - Northumberland June 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Otterburn Hall - Northumberland June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

abby.exploresx

28DL Member
28DL Member
Was very easy to get inside, both upstairs and downstairs were accessible and the building itself was beautiful! Some hidden gems inside including the old water fountain and piano. Theres two different buildings to explore, the main hotel which is easy to get into, and the leisure side, which is a bit of a climb. I can’t believe such a beautiful building has ended up being abandoned like this. It looks like builders were working on the building in 2017 and then just left and never came back. Really recommend this if its your first time exploring. A very beautiful but haunting place to explore!

Some history of the building: The building was constructed in 1870 for Lord James Douglas, the land given to him as recompense for the death of Lord James Douglas, who fought at the Battle of Otterburn. From 1980 to 2012, Otterburn Hall was used as a hotel. Hosting weddings and functions on the regular. The house is Grade-II listed with English Heritage, and rated with four-stars by the Architectural Association School of Architecture. The hotel was owned by the YMCA until 2002, when it was sold to the London-based Angel Group. The hotel was closed suddenly in 2012. The hotel remains untouched, in 2017 it was in a total state of disrepair, overgrown and unsafe. It has reportedly been bought to again be reopened as a hotel, though in July 2017 no signs of any works have yet started.

View attachment

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
That place is getting worse, it was trashed when I did it last year.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Yep it definitely is Markus. Nice report & snaps here. Welcome to 28dl & the world of posting. Just a few pointers. Remember to title correctly. The area is missing from title bar. And secondly its never a good idea to discuss access points on a public forum, even if there are many. Landlords see and get them sealed.

Apart from that a great 1st report. Looking forward to more :thumb

abby.exploresx

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yep it definitely is Markus. Nice report & snaps here. Welcome to 28dl & the world of posting. Just a few pointers. Remember to title correctly. The area is missing from title bar. And secondly its never a good idea to discuss access points on a public forum, even if there are many. Landlords see and get them sealed.

Apart from that a great 1st report. Looking forward to more :thumb
Thanks for the pointers. :)

Seffy

Staff member
Rather noice that - shame it's going the way it is. Second derp piano I've seen on here today :confused:

Terriblue1

28DL Member
28DL Member
Visited here yesturday, we had 30 seconds before we got told to leave by a group of lads on a tractor. Beautiful building. In the short time we did have I couldnt see any open entrances. Plenty of new wood over entrances I can see on these pics.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report i was a little underwhelmed when i went was expecting it to be better than it was though it had been well stripped out in most places.

Who has read this thread (Total: 213) View details