Web
Analytics
Report - - Our Lady's Convent School –Kettering –2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Our Lady's Convent School –Kettering –2011

Skeleton key

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
#1


The original property was owned by Charles Wicksteed.
Hence it was originally known as wicksteeds house
charleswicksteed.jpg

He was an inventor, designer , manufacturer and a man of ideas ahead of his time.
cw2.jpg


It was designed by architect/architectural historian John Alfred Gotch .
The site consisted of a number of buildings as more added in the 1900-1926
Both of which are now grade two listed.
Charles died in 1931 and in the early 40’s the property was used as a convent when his house became the home of Ursuline nuns.
Another wing which housed dormitory rooms was added
Then again in the 1960’s a Chapel as well as a two storey building providing common rooms as well as bed rooms.
Finally in the 1970’s a hall and class room block was built.
The site has changed hands several times, but has always been used for religious and educational purposes; the Sisters of Our Lady resided there for over 50 years.
But it finally closed its doors in 2003 and as sat derelict for a number of years while its future was descided.
Developers have now demolished all the above in red as we were to discover as we negitiated around the rubble.
The Chapel and the listed buildings are to remain and four large houses are to be built on the 6.8 acre site coupled with the usual sweeteners that developers throw in to clinch the deal.
The wheels grind on and so do the explores.
So catch it whilst you can .
There was plenty of ducking and diving early on as the workers were on site and we had to negotiate around them for an hour before thankfully they packed up and left.


PICT0098.jpg

Anyway on with the pics

PICT0092.jpg


PICT0124.jpg


PICT0185.jpg


PICT0189.jpg


PICT0143.jpg


PICT0170.jpg


PICT0174.jpg


PICT0165.jpg


PICT0118.jpg




PICT0133.jpg


The Chapel

PICT0202.jpg


PICT0199.jpg


PICT0100.jpg


PICT0111.jpg


PICT0105.jpg


PICT0101.jpg


PICT0140.jpg


PICT0162.jpg


PICT0193.jpg


PICT0188.jpg


PICT0192.jpg



PICT0121.jpg


Thanks for looking in SK :)​
 

Attachments

Similar threads