real time web analytics
Report - - Ouseburn Culvert (Again), Newcastle, September 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ouseburn Culvert (Again), Newcastle, September 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hvdes

Throw torches should not be thrown!
28DL Full Member
Back at this culvert again to get some better images of the bunker and explore a bit more so, me and a friend (Offsite) headed to the entrance to this culvert and began exploring again.
Most of my explanation of the culvert and bunker is on my older report but in brief, it is a storm drain and during ww2 a large platform was built above it as a bunker to hold 3000 (Ish) people.
Anyway here are the pictures (Was using a better light this time)
DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

Thank for looking at the pictures
More pictures on @hvdesphotography on instagram
Hvdes​

treadstone91

28DL Member
28DL Member
We were just down here tonight but we thought all the entrances had been blocked due to lots of evidence of a rave (nos balloons etc....) im guessing we just didnt go far enough up the culvert.

Attachments

• 20200131_193915.jpg
    20200131_193915.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 48

Hvdes

28DL Full Member
We were just down here tonight but we thought all the entrances had been blocked due to lots of evidence of a rave (nos balloons etc....) im guessing we just didnt go far enough up the culvert.

Might have gone in the other entrance which has all been bricked off because of the mentioned rave, there are other ways in though. However, we haven't been in since last summer and for all we know it could be completely blocked off now either due to the council or the way we got in may have collapsed, but not sure. I'm sure we'll head back in the warmer weather so i'll keep you updated.

treadstone91

28DL Member
28DL Member
Might have gone in the other entrance which has all been bricked off because of the mentioned rave, there are other ways in though. However, we haven't been in since last summer and for all we know it could be completely blocked off now either due to the council or the way we got in may have collapsed, but not sure. I'm sure we'll head back in the warmer weather so i'll keep you updated.
Its completely blocked off now. Council have been down and bricked the entrance half way up the culvert up. They obviously ran out of sharp sand though as the mortar mix is like cheese.

Attachments

• 20200206_202420.jpg
    20200206_202420.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 67

Hvdes

28DL Full Member
Its completely blocked off now. Council have been down and bricked the entrance half way up the culvert up. They obviously ran out of sharp sand though as the mortar mix is like cheese.

That's a shame, the only way in now would be the manhole covers, but I couldn't tell you where they are cause I have no clue.

treadstone91

28DL Member
28DL Member
Or stoop up the culvert below and come out of one of the man holes further along
They are all blocked up to. They have done a proper job. We spent an hour down there looking, walked the whole culvert twice. They have even blocked up tiny holes with 20mm steel plates. Only way in would be from above. Im guessing that pipe in the pictures above is a old escape route. We will keep trying.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmmm, so said site is well and truly locked down? I am sure some of the rope crew on here could point you in right direction, if ladders/step irons are missing from any of the manhole chambers/shafts?

Hvdes

28DL Full Member
Hmmm, so said site is well and truly locked down? I am sure some of the rope crew on here could point you in right direction, if ladders/step irons are missing from any of the manhole chambers/shafts?
I'm Sure I remeber an older post about this bunker with people saying they used a manhole to get into this bunker but I can't find it and I'm confused if it was even about the same place but I'll go have a look at some point either for the manhole or just try and find another way in.

Snowbz

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was thinking of heading down to the culvert tonight to see if I could get in. Lucky I came across this thread. Can any of you confirm that there is no hope of getting in through the culvert? such a shame if this place is blocked up.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I was thinking of heading down to the culvert tonight to see if I could get in. Lucky I came across this thread. Can any of you confirm that there is no hope of getting in through the culvert? such a shame if this place is blocked up.

Access to places change all the time
The best bet is to visit and see what it's like

Who has read this thread (Total: 273) View details