real time web analytics
Report - - Ouseburn Culvert, Newcastle - September 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ouseburn Culvert, Newcastle - September 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hvdes

Throw torches should not be thrown!
28DL Full Member
This had been somewhere I had looked at getting into for a few months now and back in the spring of this year me and a few people attempted to enter the old world war 2 bunker through the small opening near the outfall but to our disappointment we found that all of the entrances had been blocked up with cinder blocks, bricks, and panels presumably to stop people getting into this old bunker and not knowing at the time where the entrance of the culvert was we left to go find a different place to explore for that day.
DSC_0312 (1).JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

This is the entrance from the culvert outfall and its just a room with graffiti at this point these 2 images were taken last spring when we couldn't get in the bunker or culvert

Cut to a few weeks ago and we set out to find the entrance to the culvert which to our surprise was extremely easy to find and we walked up through the culvert until the roof started to raise again and from here we climbed up into the bunker. Honestly, there was a big sigh of relief as we had spent ages trying to find a way in. Anyway here are some of the pictures that I got but we spent most of the time exploring but I will be sure to go back soon to take some better images with some of my box lights.

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

(Note - If you're going to try and get into here you need some bright torches, phone torches and small flashlights just won't cut it)

Hvdes​

Native_NE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Old thread I know, it’s been closed because my older brother died there, so maybe give it a miss.

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
Old thread I know, it’s been closed because my older brother died there, so maybe give it a miss.

Not too come across unsympathetic or intrusive, but how did he die in there it doesn't look to me like there is much of a risk down there?

Native_NE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not too come across unsympathetic or intrusive, but how did he die in there it doesn't look to me like there is much of a risk down there?
He was mentally unwell and went missing for two days, also as an urban explorer you should be aware that danger often creeps out of no where, there’s actually high co2 levels down there.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

How?
Sounds harsh but it had good airflow and was empty, I can't see how anyone could die down there
As far as I was aware it was sealed up due to people throwing raves in the tunnel

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
How?
Sounds harsh but it had good airflow and was empty, I can't see how anyone could die down there
As far as I was aware it was sealed up due to people throwing raves in the tunnel

Also what i thought.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Well mate I hope no one you love dies in unfortunate circumstances and then some idiot nitpicks you online

I've searched and can't find any news articles relating to someone dying in there
If asking how is nitpicking then so be it, the story just doesn't add up

Native_NE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've searched and can't find any news articles relating to someone dying in there
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/body-found-search-missing-ewan-16206133.amp
To be honest I’m more shocked you’re actually finding this so hard to believe, I think I would know considering he was my brother. I didn’t come here to brag and go ‘oooo SpOoKY gHoST cHaSeR’ I only tried to explain to maybe show people why they probably went to town on securing it from the public. He also regularly used to attend the raves in the culvert so yes I am that it’s not a deadly space but CLEARLY a man died there and I cannot believe you would process the information that someone potentially died in the space to then respond with ‘oh no I couldn’t possible believe this’.
ps the official cause of death is drowning, maybe you want to see how easy it is to do.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/body-found-search-missing-ewan-16206133.amp
To be honest I’m more shocked you’re actually finding this so hard to believe, I think I would know considering he was my brother. I didn’t come here to brag and go ‘oooo SpOoKY gHoST cHaSeR’ I only tried to explain to maybe show people why they probably went to town on securing it from the public. He also regularly used to attend the raves in the culvert so yes I am that it’s not a deadly space but CLEARLY a man died there and I cannot believe you would process the information that someone potentially died in the space to then respond with ‘oh no I couldn’t possible believe this’.
ps the official cause of death is drowning, maybe you want to see how easy it is to do.

Apologies
Sadly we have had people come onto the forums and make claims such as this when they're lying
Usually it's people dying in buildings or finding bodies

Native_NE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Apologies
Sadly we have had people come onto the forums and make claims such as this when they're lying
Usually it's people dying in buildings or finding bodies

Obviously it’s hard to comment considering the case has only just reached the coroners inquest, over 1.5 years later, I thought I’d post this though just to dispel any further doubt in anyone’s mind

Hvdes

Throw torches should not be thrown!
28DL Full Member
Obviously it’s hard to comment considering the case has only just reached the coroners inquest, over 1.5 years later, I thought I’d post this though just to dispel any further doubt in anyone’s mind
Apologies for the late response I've been on a bit of a hiatus from this website but I am very sorry for your loss

Native_NE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Apologies for the late response I've been on a bit of a hiatus from this website but I am very sorry for your loss
Appreciated bud, I just thought I’d let people know it’s a pretty morose explore now and why the added boarding, stay safe out there!

Who has read this thread (Total: 271) View details