Web
Analytics
Outdoors explorer come to the big smoke! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Outdoors explorer come to the big smoke!

JollyJumper46

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello everyone, really excited to get going with some explores and learn some fun stuff about London (and hopefully beyond) at the same time!

My name is Joe and I have just moved to London from France, I live in south London, in Lewisham. I've always been a big outdoors explorer, hiking, climbing, fell running .... and living in Toulouse for the past few years with easy access to the Pyrenées has been fantastic. I've also had quite a bit of experience on the rooftops of Toulouse. My flat, just off Capitole, had access to the roof that led to an extensive rooftop system leading to hours of fun and a few disgruntled locals.

I love the idea of getting a different perspective of a place through exploring its heights, depths and abandoned spaces. I get that it might be fairly difficult in London due to popularity and security, but I'm willing to take a (moderated) risk.

I do want to say, however, that I'm not much of a photographer (lacking in equipment and talent) but can appreciate a great shot. Therefore any reports I make might be lacking in stunning images, but I'll try and make up for it with a decent story and some fun facts. I do love a fun fact!

Time to get out there and see what I can find, and hopefully meet up with some of the community for some urban adventures further down the line

Attachments

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Hello and welcome Joe, sounds like South of France was a goldmine for exploring. I'm personally not into rooftopping myself but there's an area of the forum for those who are.

Regarding gear, my skills are pretty mediocre, so just do your best and see what happens.

JollyJumper46

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello and welcome Joe, sounds like South of France was a goldmine for exploring. I'm personally not into rooftopping myself but there's an area of the forum for those who are.

Regarding gear, my skills are pretty mediocre, so just do your best and see what happens.
Thanks for the welcome @crusader. Yeah just gonna get out there and see what I can find! Watch this space