Web
Analytics
Report - - Outer hebrides homes March 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Outer hebrides homes March 2017

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Loving the sky in pic 3. Also some of those shots could be straight out of a horror film. Love it. Dark but beautiful, tragic but nostalgic.:cool::cool::thumb:thumb

Ozymandias

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I previously visited the shetlands which had been on my to do list for 3/4 years for the Up helly aa festival and whilst I was there wandering around the islands I stumbled upon alot of abandoned cottages,so when I got home I started to look at abandoned homes on the scottish islands and found john mahers excellent photos ,so his photos inspired me to visit the outer hebrides .I also just find remote islands really fascinating and have been to quite alot of them.I have a trip to the orkney isles coming up soon so no doubt I'll find more abandonment to photograph

hamtagger

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not often you see stuff from the Outer Hebrides! Pic number 20 caught my eye purely because it has an NSN on it. I had a quick google and it seems like it's a container for some sort of device for measuring capacitance, resistance and inductance. Nice little collection

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I previously visited the shetlands which had been on my to do list for 3/4 years for the Up helly aa festival and whilst I was there wandering around the islands I stumbled upon alot of abandoned cottages,so when I got home I started to look at abandoned homes on the scottish islands and found john mahers excellent photos ,so his photos inspired me to visit the outer hebrides .I also just find remote islands really fascinating and have been to quite alot of them.I have a trip to the orkney isles coming up soon so no doubt I'll find more abandonment to photograph

Thats sounds like a plan, good luck, please post any you find. I really liked this. Yes big clean derps are nice, big factories are stunning, mines, tunnels are fascinating. But there is something about these old fashioned, isolated cottages on moors, and highlands that is indescribably moorish, dark, beautiful, sad, historic, film set like. Old machines are my favorite, but this kind of thing comes a close second.:cool:

Ozymandias

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not often you see stuff from the Outer Hebrides! Pic number 20 caught my eye purely because it has an NSN on it. I had a quick google and it seems like it's a container for some sort of device for measuring capacitance, resistance and inductance. Nice little collection
Don't know if you noticed it but did you see the odd sketch of a girl on the inside of wall just above it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
747_kirki Residential Sites 3