real time web analytics
Report - - Overdressed, Bury - September 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Overdressed, Bury - September 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Overdressed

euj7mx.jpg

Visited with @TunnelMon who kindly lent me a pair of waders and a torch :thumb
This was my first time draining and it certainly didn't disappoint, entering from the outfall we headed upstream with the intent of getting to the infall, then heading back to take pics. I didn't have a clue how to do anything with my camera so a big thanks to TM for helping me out :)

icmpvs.jpg

The first section of the culvert was a plain concrete box, nothing much of interest on the way

54dutx.jpg

We then entered this concrete chamber complete with cobbled floor

20hnj3c.jpg

Shortly after we entered this chamber, the two angled walls are to channel the water

2luw86x.jpg

TunnelMon kindly showing the change from concrete to brick :p

2dbuycz.jpg

This next brick section seemed to go on forever and my back was killing me

2nvbamd.jpg

Dropping down a small weir quickly brought us to this much larger tunnel

2wgfbt2.jpg

And straight into this old storm overflow chamber

10cnn9v.jpg

On the other side of the chamber was this rather interesting sluice gate, it was a tight squeeze

6sxa2t.jpg

We then had a long, stoopy walk back to the outfall - under 1M at the worst points. Past this stonework was a section of RCP with a rather nice manhole, before it went back to stonework until it reached the outfall. We figured that we could probably build a car with all the bits and pieces under here!
Upon exiting we were greeted by a rather angry woman telling us she was going to call the police :D it was so shocking that TunnelMon dunked his camera...

Thanks for looking :thumb

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
First time draining... Those photos are pretty awesome! Nicely done mate. Looks like an interesting wander this one.

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First time draining... Those photos are pretty awesome! Nicely done mate. Looks like an interesting wander this one.
Thanks, I owe most of the techniques to TunnelMon haha :) it certainly was, glad you enjoyed :D

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
Awesome report man, it was a laugh!

We'll have to find something less stoopy for next time :D

Hopefully the camera will survive, was bound to happen at some point

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome report man, it was a laugh!

We'll have to find something less stoopy for next time :D

Hopefully the camera will survive, was bound to happen at some point
Haha cheers mate, it certainly was!
And I'd appreciate that, my back aches like hell :(

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't expect you will get an answer to that one, at least publically, post up a few reports, show you are trustworthy, and then you might.