real time web analytics
General - - Owls Nest : Pool House, Kent - late 2021 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Owls Nest : Pool House, Kent - late 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DE-eVOLVED

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Owls Nest Woods, Kent - ccLate 2021
Pool House.

Intro :~

We were in the area and had already completed three previous explores.. We drove this way going back and thought we'd give it a try.

We really wanted to see the topless lady laying pool-side by an Artist going by the name of 'Voyder'..

But

..After some research we were sad to find the mural had been painted out..

However, - We found that a new piece had been added.. at present we are unsure of the Artist.

Photos :~
(Please excuse the lighting conditions, I took the wrong flashlight with me, but did the best I/we could)..

Through the grape-vine we've heard.. :~

We did some more research on line and have read that the previous occupants originally didn't mind people coming to visit, but some 'visitors' decided they'd break into the house (alarmed), and since then their attitude has changed, the house alarm sounded and police were allegedly called.. the then occupants said the police told them to paint out the infamous murial to stop more explorers coming as well as unwanted vandals and looters.

Since then the topless lady has been painted out minus a hip and topside of her head and 'was' blanked out with white/cream house paint via roller.

More recently a new piece has been sprayed and whilst not the lady.. its still a very nice piece of artwork

We know this location has seen an un-told amount of Explorers etc.. however its been on the agenda for a while and we were happy to finally cross it off out 'to do' list.

We went in quietly as there was a light on in the house and a fresh tyre track leading towards the house..

We decided not to go to the house as we didn't want to spoil what had been an awesome afternoon with the possibility of being caught and were happy we'd made it to the Pool-House.

We took nothing but photos and videos on our own equiptment and left everything as it was found...

The only thing extra I took home with me was a hole in my boot complete with the limp that goes with it ;)

Ps/ I will add in a short caption about the former Tennant shortly..

Hope you enjoy the pictures - DE-eVOLVED

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-185821_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-185821_Gallery.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20211024-190139_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-190139_Gallery.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20211025-103405_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-103405_Instagram.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It really did get hit hard this one. And the bunker. The graffiti is nice but not as nice as the original. It was good that the owners were ok with people visiting. Shame some had to spoil it for others.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
It really did get hit hard this one. And the bunker. The graffiti is nice but not as nice as the original. It was good that the owners were ok with people visiting. Shame some had to spoil it for others.
Bunker looks a total mess form the last few pics i saw, that and they literally pushed a tree over by the roots to block and cave in the access..that or the wind was very strong one night

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bunker looks a total mess form the last few pics i saw, that and they literally pushed a tree over by the roots to block and cave in the access..that or the wind was very strong one night
I can imagine it was soon trashed the amount that went. If I remember rightly you were literally one of the first in.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I can imagine it was soon trashed the amount that went. If I remember rightly you were literally one of the first in.
Got a heads up from a local, many many people were aware of the pool and the house, but todays pin swapping type wouldnt have done any research, just followed the little blue gps marker straight to the pool.. a little research dug up all the info needed, oh that and the planning notice on a nearby lampost mentioning BUNKER lol

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Got a heads up from a local, many many people were aware of the pool and the house, but todays pin swapping type wouldnt have done any research, just followed the little blue gps marker straight to the pool.. a little research dug up all the info needed, oh that and the planning notice on a nearby lampost mentioning BUNKER lol
I liked the look of the pool and bunker and would have gone. The artwork was stunning. Just the amount of people going in the end put me off. Ha ha a sign saying bunker. That's great

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I liked the look of the pool and bunker and would have gone. The artwork was stunning. Just the amount of people going in the end put me off. Ha ha a sign saying bunker. That's great
Yep, small print on the notice but there for all to see, i didnt see the artwork in the pool, was despite the damage people caused getting in actually quite clean

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yep, small print on the notice but there for all to see, i didnt see the artwork in the pool, was despite the damage people caused getting in actually quite clean
Yeah I can imagine the bunker was the only thing you were interested in.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Yeah I can imagine the bunker was the only thing you were interested in.
Indeed, pool was ok for a few shots, but bunkers are where it's at. i honestly thought the whole site would be gone by now, but planning has dragged on for over a year now and still no updates despite the recommendation to approve being firmly suggested

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
Can confirm, can’t get in bunker for a tree or two. House explorable now but it’s wrecked.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Can confirm, can’t get in bunker for a tree or two. House explorable now but it’s wrecked.
Over a Year and a half later since thelast planning update and nothings happened, i guess they gave up securing the house

Who has read this thread (Total: 355) View details