real time web analytics
Report - - Oxford road tower crane Manchester- may 2015 | High Stuff | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oxford road tower crane Manchester- may 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
pmsl. thanks lads, and distra, my pics are took on a compact camera and my phone so i dont think im doing too badly up to now.
i just need to get a good camera then learn how to use it.
id love to be able to get shots like you lot do.
and yess....it was a pretty sick crane.
police below all the time we were up there and the ballest side got a bounce on and seemed to take for ages to stop bounceing when mr pink came running over to get in shot... mmm must of been all those pies.;)

mr pink

building magician!
28DL Full Member
pies are the corner stone of any decent climbers diet. im not joking here !

mr pink

building magician!
28DL Full Member
pmsl. thanks lads, and distra, my pics are took on a compact camera and my phone so i dont think im doing too badly up to now.
i just need to get a good camera then learn how to use it.
id love to be able to get shots like you lot do.
and yess....it was a pretty sick crane.
police below all the time we were up there and the ballest side got a bounce on and seemed to take for ages to stop bounceing when mr pink came running over to get in shot... mmm must of been all those pies.;)
haha i remember you paniking at me for making it get a spank on, i thought it were the motion you were bothered about til you pointed out the cops on the road below and said" if they look up do you not think they will wonder why the cranes bouncing about?" oops

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers stonemonkey, It doesn't take much to get pics like mine. I too use an old battered compact that you would laugh at if you saw it and a tripod that looks like its from the 70's. Tbh tripods are a pain up there as it can be hard to set them up level and even then they often get shaken around by the high winds aloft (as do I).

I know what you guys mean regarding fuzz at ground level because you certainly feel exposed up these things. On a recent trip near Silvertown I spent half an hour laying down on the concrete counterweights while some commotion involving lots of sirens unfolded in a nearby building. Wish I'd had some pies with me on that one :)

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
I think the plan here by the way is for two buildings. Highest one
28 floors and the other something like 20. Btw.

Skudge

The One & Only.
28DL Full Member
I think the plan here by the way is for two buildings. Highest one
28 floors and the other something like 20. Btw.

You are certainly right Tweek. Been doing a bit of research about these bad boys. There seems to be a boom recently in highrise buildings in Manc. Plenty to climb over the next couple of years.

Seb Smith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Attempted this (or i think a very similar one close to this location) a few days ago. It was between two new high story flats. They were very well lit and little cctv cameras pointing in every direction. Vary small site office (size or portaloo). Finally found I viable entry point (looked like somebody had attempted before). Site office was about 30m away but visible. Climbed wall and was about to drop into site when security officer exited the box and looked directly at me. Dropped back into the street and walked off. Must have been watching us scout the site out from the cctv.

There is another crane quite nearby in a northerly direction. Small site and quite exposed crane (early stages of building). Site offices on other site of road. However the crane was not lit. Same cctv system so we decided to give it a miss. Would be interested if anyone makes it up these.