real time web analytics
Report - - Pagefield Mill, formally Wigan College, Nee John Rylands Cotton Spinners, March 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pagefield Mill, formally Wigan College, Nee John Rylands Cotton Spinners, March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I guess Wigan thought they were doing something really great saving an old mill and making a college campus out of it... scroll on a decade or two and it's back to dereliction when they got bored of it.

I'd seen this place pop up on the forums for a few years now, as usual I had it in the back of my mind there might be some cubbies that your average picture taker had missed. Well I was half right...

The mill is pretty untouched in terms of the fabric of the building from it's original use. The engine hall is just about still standing, although it looks like they blew the budget on the handsome chimney, as other than a few rows of glazed brick it was a rather plain affair.

View from the tower was great, over Wigan and the vast expanse of ruinous weaving sheds at the foot of the mill. Whilst not the best mill we have seen it was quite fun trying to work out how to get about, and squeezing past 90's partitions to see what lay behind.

I would suggest this to any new explorers, great place to cut your teeth!

Hardly the stunning Minton tiles I expect in a cotton mill engine house!!
DSC_0681_zpsfu5vrbqx.jpg

DSC_0682_zps0x03pbn9.jpg
DSC_0683_zpsrxhf30lf.jpg

This was taken through a hole in a toilet partition. It seems it was customary to smoke whilst on the throne in the 60's!
DSC_0694_zps25z3ffdl.jpg

DSC_0684_zpswkp4evjr.jpg
DSC_0693_zps4qsnqyls.jpg

DSC_0688_zpsnmbszcig.jpg

DSC_0695_zpsmcpuhwfg.jpg
DSC_0696_zpsdgpev2cp.jpg

DSC_0697_zpsl0qbblih.jpg

DSC_0700_zpswf4myoqi.jpg

DSC_0701_zpstfjegq0z.jpg
DSC_0706_zps4tfdd5qs.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsfhq6ru0a.jpg

The less said about the weaving sheds the better I think...
DSC_0709_zpsmvcug1lm.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
5 years since I last poked about here, how time flies, it's pretty trashed, however there are the odd bits of architectural interest amongst the pigeon shit and crap