real time web analytics
Report - - Paid In Full, Manchester - January 2012. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Paid In Full, Manchester - January 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Paid In Full, Manchester

At a loose end I decided to finally check this lid out

LID.jpg

Part of an ongoing project; except this is 'The End' and will probably be another 6 months before I'm paid in full and the jigsaw is complete :bananapopcorn

The above pic was taken over 12 months ago as I hastily GTFO of a place I shouldn't have been really, with the noise alone I knew I was on the right tracks

Trying to follow a lost watercourse across boundaries and through the City isn't easy work

Lifting lids in some real odd places with some shonky excuses makes for an interesting mooch

That said I've been chipping away at this for a good 18 months now

It came as no surprise when I saw first hand that the final outfall is discharged via a sewer, it was just a case of locating it ^^

No doubt at some point I'll be back with the rest of it, until then I'll leave you with this...

Remember the liddage from above ^^

(Under the cover of darkness I returned)..

1.jpg

Down 10ft into the dropshaft brings you to this landing stage

2.jpg

Looking down into the sewer below

3.jpg

Another 12ft down brings you face to face with this baby sewer, running through the bottom of the dropshaft

4.jpg

And the source of all that noise..

Odd to see this 150 yr old watercourse that once flowed through open fields & rural areas, unpolluted, teeming with fish and the haunt of numerous wild fowl outfall into sewer via a 200mm cast iron pipe ;)

5.jpg

Looking back up, and time to GTFO

6.gif

More to follow at somepoint in the near future

Last edited: