Web
Analytics
Report - - Pains Hill Farmhouse - Cobham, Surrey - December 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pains Hill Farmhouse - Cobham, Surrey - December 2019

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
It's quite incredible how little this place has changed since 2012

History
I didn't read through any documents in the house this explore, so this is just summarised from others findings,

The owner was Sidney Hilton, who passed away in 1996. Despite this many of the belongings inside seem older, he was probably the type to never replace what isn't broke.
Others have found passports and death certificates around the house, but mainly the urn of ashes being the main concern, but in the past few years this urn has disappeared. Can only hope its with a family member.

Both the large amount of records and a filing cabinet stuffed with company paperwork before 1970 showed his previous life, along with one room seemingly being used as a workshop and lots of large car parts throughout the house.

Now seemingly sitting on the land of the neighbours, planning permission for a large care home overlaps both houses which will inevitably be demolished soon.

Explore

Evading countless people headed in and out of the local college was the worst to begin with, running off the road full speed into a collapsed barbed wire fence, cutting my leg open.
Regardless a trek through a few brambles led to the house, with just a bit of graffiti to see, everything else was still untouched.

No problems with neighbours, just have to crouch outside the house.

All 66 Photos from this explore can be seen here:

Last edited:

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great to see an update from here, I’m surprised this places is still standing to he honest, it was ready to collapse back in 2015 lol! You got some nice shots.

I’ll bet a fiver we have Neil Ansell and Tazer vids by the end of the week - EVERYTHING LEFT BEHIND! :wanker

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Is incredible how it's still standing, all the roof is nothing but holes

I’ll bet a fiver we have Neil Ansell and Tazer vids by the end of the week - EVERYTHING LEFT BEHIND!
Happened to meadrow it'll happen here, probably got our reports page bookmarked :wanker

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good report. I saw your shots on FB, and thought is that marmite house. Surprised its still standing. Very sad place , but good shots & write up, like it :thumb

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Good report. I saw your shots on FB, and thought is that marmite house. Surprised its still standing. Very sad place , but good shots & write up, like it :thumb
Not another name for this place! Still it's quite amazing with how well known this place is so much stuff is in exactly the same place as years ago

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Not another name for this place! Still it's quite amazing with how well known this place is so much stuff is in exactly the same place as years ago
Don`t know if its the same place, but seeing all the pots of marmite just made it stand out to me lol. I know you always name correctly. Yes its well known for its sad story I think more than anything. Great report and titled correctly, great work as always Andrew