real time web analytics
Report - - Palladium Cinema - Durham | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Palladium Cinema - Durham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MaRic

28DL Member
28DL Member
Located in the middle of Durham City. Absolutely amazing place.

A bit of History:
The Palladium Cinema opened on 18th March 1929 with Alice Terry in “Garden of Allahâ€￾. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels It was the first cinema in Durham licenced to operate on Sundays. On Sundays they were restricted to one evening performance and the programme had to be approved by both the Chief Constable and the Bishop of Durham.
The Palladium Cinema was damaged by a fire on 16th January 1934. It was refurbished and re-opened on 5th March 1934 with Leslie Henson in “It’s A Boyâ€￾.
ThePalladium Cinema was refurbished in late-1967, re-opening with “The Bible-In the Beginningâ€￾. The cinema closed in 1976 and operated as a Bingo Hall until 1982 when it became a Church.
It has now stood empty since 2004.

There were some very unstable parts of the building due to damp (like the floor in the bar area). It was more like a shrine to the past with all of the old bingo machines, 70's beetmats, old style toilets. Absolutely amazing experience.

Entry is Interesting. But you'll make it in via this room.
XoAdpgm.jpg

Old Projector Room
dzXSIVm.jpg

QP9nmCz.jpg

Top Flight - So dusty! (apologies). Our presence threw dust up everywhere.
25KNcNA.jpg

Someone had been living here. Out of respect, we didn't touch a thing.
SUXKcgv.jpg

All of the comforts of home...
Dg0ubvk.jpg

Old Bingo Card!
qjyaBRe.jpg

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
I'm shocked no-one has trashed that room, it's been like that for years now.

Love the projectors in here, they're awesome.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry mate but IMO i think you need to scrap this & go back and try again..... properly.

If i hadn"t read the title i wouldn"t have known where the hell this was.....and i"ve been;)

Go back & do the old girl some justice ;)

Was it taken on a Phone by any chance?