real time web analytics
Panasonic lumix GX880, thoughts? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Panasonic lumix GX880, thoughts?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dark corners of the Earth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good afternoon friends, I have just purchased a reasonably priced lumix GX880, now to be honest I don't know alot about modern cameras but I read a number of reviews and after some deliberation settled on this bad boy over some of the cheaper models available currently and I think it Will be more than sufficient for my needs, dose anyone have experience using the lumix GX880, how do you find it? Genuinely interested to hear feed back on this item.

princethorpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've had a different Lumix/Panasonic compact for several years. They use Leica lenses so picture quality will be excellent. It takes a bit of sorting out some of the technical settings I would recommend a manual more info than you'll probably need. There is a chap on Ebay sell bound print outs of the Panasonic manuals. Mine for a TZ100 was £6.49 and free postage. He lists a GX8 manual I presume the 880 will be a derivertive. Might be worth asking does he do yours. This is a link to his listing. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Manuals-Guides/4684/m.html?item=381878094279&_ssn=pdf-2-print&_dcat=4684&Compatible%20Brand=For%20Panasonic&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Last edited:

Dark corners of the Earth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've had a different Lumix/Panasonic compact for several years. They use Leica lenses so picture quality will be excellent. It takes a bit of sorting out some of the technical settings I would recommend a manual more info than you'll probably need. There is a chap on Ebay sell bound print outs of the Panasonic manuals. Mine for a TZ100 was £6.49 and free postage. He lists a GX8 manual I presume the 880 will be a derivertive. Might be worth asking does he do yours. This is a link to his listing. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Manuals-Guides/4684/m.html?item=381878094279&_ssn=pdf-2-print&_dcat=4684&Compatible%20Brand=For%20Panasonic&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
Thanks man, appriciate the advice, I'll definitely look in to this

condiat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would say it still holds up, especially if you can get it pretty cheap. Good size of the sensor in a zoom point and shoot with a decent resolution. Pretty good lens but it’s more of a wide angle and the zoom doesn’t reach that far.