real time web analytics
Report - - Paragon Air Raid Shelter Ramsgate | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Paragon Air Raid Shelter Ramsgate

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fortknox0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I first did this with obscurity about a year ago and decided i was never going to go back!! but....... i forgot my camera so i had to :rolleyes:!!

Visited again a little while back with frosty. After rigging up the abseiling equipment and checking our gear, making sure i had my camera, we desended into the entrance!!

There isnt alot of info on this place but it almost certainly would of been used as a shelter during the war, but going by the seperate rooms with chalk cut seats and the fact its on 3 levels i dont think this would of been its intended purpose. It isnt very big and only had one room on the middle and lower floors but was still quite an exciting explore.

Once inside we trudged though a couple of inches of bird crap and pigeon corpes and did the middle level.

From the entrance the tunnel turned to the right. directly in front was small poo covered staircase curving round to the left down the to bottom room. Stangely the ceiling was only high enough to crawl down the stairs. Turning left the tunnel continued a short way with a couple of recess's cut into the walls. Towards the end on the right was a small drop going into the lower room.

Looking back down tunnel

DSC08246.jpg

At the end an entrance to the left was a short passage leading into the first room, on the right was a brick stair case leading up

short passage

DSC08230.jpg

there were seats carved into the chalk and a small candle recess with soot still on the wall.

looking into room from passage

DSC08245.jpg

chalk seats

DSC08234.jpg

DSC08239.jpg

Next we headed up the stairs. At the top was small tunnel going of the left which was blocked and some more stairs leading to the original entrance at the surface.

Looking up the stairs

DSC08247.jpg

caped of entrance at ground level

DSC08255.jpg

back down the stairs we headed......

DSC08266.jpg

we wanted to take a look in the bottom room but didnt wana crawl down the poo stairs so we jumped down the drop

bottom room, passage at end leads to poo stairs

DSC08267.jpg

looking other way, there was a recess on the right, probably for a toilet

DSC08271.jpg

all in all was a good little adventure. it isnt very big but took us a while to fight our way through the pigeons and try not to touch the crumbling walls. Will DEFINATELY not be going back.

Did a little video which can be seen here......

MOFO

Don't Worry Be Happy
28DL Full Member
did u have a gasmask on? sounds like it from the vid

fortknox0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yer i did, i didnt the first time i went down but the air really isnt good down there. and theres so much shit in the air (quite literally) i thought better safe then sorry!! ha ha ha