real time web analytics
Report - - Parc Mine, North Wales (May 19) | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Parc Mine, North Wales (May 19)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
That's a fantastic survey. Just thought, when numbering adits, is parc numbered from bottom to top or top to bottom? that might explain the confusion as to what adit is what.

Top to bottom, no idea if there is a level 1 but 2 is above 3. There may even be a level 4 below that. The map I have shows 2-3 as the main levels with 1+4(?) being very short.

There may also be a sub level between 2 and 3.

I can't post it here as it 2x photos 16000x9000 each

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Top to bottom, no idea if there is a level 1 but 2 is above 3. There may even be a level 4 below that. The map I have shows 2-3 as the main levels with 1+4(?) being very short.

There may also be a sub level between 2 and 3.

I can't post it here as it 2x photos 16000x9000 each

Makes sense having 2 above 3 being a mine! That would make the level we did 2 then.

Could use a resize program or screenshot?

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
I did post them on the Parc album on adit now but they are too large to actually see anything.

Here is an extract, the green being level 2 and the blue level 3. The green at the bottom is the level 2 entrance.

IQ1tCQC.jpg

If you have facebook there is a bunch of plans on the files section of this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403467143451765/

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Great map, will check that group out. Looking at the green I can visually walk that through so making more sense to me now.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Great map, will check that group out. Looking at the green I can visually walk that through so making more sense to me now.

The whole map is on the group, its 1 inch = 100ft so it's massive!

Most maps only make sense after you have been in

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
We tend to plan our trips months in advance then find the dates come round really quickly and hurry the research. I'm the same, learn more about the place after I've seen it

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Went back today, went along the tramway on level 2 until it got beyond sketchy and turned back. Made it down the ladders. 11 in total, reckon about a 200ft decent.

Got through the gate into the tunnel for level 3 only to find it has either collapsed or been back filled. Looks like a new collapse on entering level 2 also.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
I think the usual exit for level 3 is an abseil up to the viewing platform. Did you get down the ladders to level 3? I think theres a sub level somewhere where the bottom ladder is missing and its about 120ft between floor 2/3.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Yeah kind of worked out it would have been an abseil down. Did look to see if the slope could be done without. Soon realised no!

Went down the ladders of doom to the left of the main entrance, didnt go down to 3 but to a sub level with a winch above a pit. Tunnel to the right we did see ladders going up but didn't do them.

Does the grille at the entrance to 2 lead down to 3?

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
I quick flick through the various maps in the book (currently on sale for £2) and couldn't find it on any of the maps. Seems unlikely they would purposely drain the water from level 2 down to 3 as it is a fair way down, however there is in fact there is an area marked 'worked out' between the 2 adit and 3 level suggesting that it does eventully work its way down to kneebones cutting.

Who has read this thread (Total: 286) View details