real time web analytics
Report - - ParcelForce Sorting Office – Bristol (December 2017) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ParcelForce Sorting Office – Bristol (December 2017)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Toast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a building that I’ve seen in the background a lot, as it’s right in between Bristol Temple Meads train station and Motion nightclub.

It’s been empty for at least 8 years, so after hearing that it was going to be knocked down as part of a new Bristol University campus development, a friend and I decided to pay a visit.

There’s a heavy security presence around this site. Both in the site and patrolling around.
Getting in is a great story – but for another time.

IMG_1433_C.jpg

Outside the building

Having originally been a sorting office, it’s primarily a big empty space to house machinery and allow for vans to come in and out - all of which is now gone.
There’re a few bits of scrap machinery around but overall, it’s a bare-bones shell.

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8654.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

There are four stairways, one in each corner of the building, although only two are actually functional.

PC222772.jpg

Heading upwards, one floor is entirely covered in bird droppings, although there’s a few interesting photo angles.

PC222720.jpg

The views from the top are the main reason to visit this building – we went on a grey cloudy day which was great for mood setting.

PC222756.jpg

IMG_8359.jpg

This shows how close the train station is. We could wave to passengers on the platform without issue. (Phone quality photo)

IMG_1420.JPG

More roof shots:

IMG_8377.jpg

PC222730.jpg

It’s a great building to explore and a shame that it'll be demolished fairly soon.
Overall, not nearly as scary as the graffiti said it would be.

IMG_8374_C.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

Last edited:

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Nice one. Probably been derelict closer to 20 years+ now. Personally can't wait for the fucker to be demo'd as it doesn't set the greatest impression of the City when arriving by train!

Toast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one. Probably been derelict closer to 20 years+ now. Personally can't wait for the fucker to be demo'd as it doesn't set the greatest impression of the City when arriving by train!

Didn’t realise it had been empty that long. There’s been an influx of machinery and a new set of portakabins go up since the start of the year so I doubt it’ll be around much longer.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
I agree it’s an absolute eyesore and gives a terrible ‘Welcome to Bristol’ but there’ll always be something about this building for me. Was one of the first real adrenaline rushes I had and is partly to blame for my love of exploring. Good to see someone is still showing it some love! It’s much easier now then it used to be :p nice one.

@tumbles alwsys rely on you to bring out the old photos that I’ve never seen!

DrMaxP

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I'm after a favour from anyone who has explored this building and has photos to share. I never got inside (and regret not being able to), but have been fascinated with the building. I have loads of photos of it coming down, including some great graffiti shots that were revealed. It's now at ground level pretty much, which I must be the only one who is sad about.

What I'd love to do is to do a reconstruction of the building from photos, but to do that I need as much source material as possible, especially inside views. If people are happy to share their shots with me, no matter how poor they are, that would be great. Please either add them to this thread or PM me.

Thanks!

P1150412 (Large).JPG

P1150481 (Large).JPG

P1150821 (Large).JPG

P1160566 (2) (Large).JPG

P1170090 (Large).JPG

P1170710 (Large).JPG

P1170731 (2) (Large).JPG

WP_20190318_17_17_45_Pro (Large) (1).jpg

P1150976 (2) (Large).JPG

P1160286 (Large).JPG

P1170305 (Large).JPG