real time web analytics
Report - - Paris Catacombs, Jan 09 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Paris Catacombs, Jan 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with Oxygen Thief.

We made three trips downstairs during our week in Paris. The first time was to visit a huge party, which 50 or more people attended. Both OT and I took a 5 euro bottle of port with us. This resulted in OT saying "I'm going for a piss" and disappearing for a long time. We eventually found him slumped in a heap, and when we awoke him he returned his port to outside his body
:eek:

The next day, after nursing hangovers we did some real exploring, taking in new rooms for the both of us, including a bunker below the St anne's mental hospital, and the aqueduc du loing... both epic places.

I took with me a small brass acetylene cap lamp I found long ago, with the hope fo getting it working, although I was doubtful. Thanks to the handywork of Cupide I now have a fully working lamp, which was a pleasure to use down the catas!

ss25of27.jpg

ss24of27.jpg

ss23of27.jpg

ss22of27.jpg

ss21of27.jpg

ss20of27.jpg

ss19of27.jpg

ss18of27.jpg

ss17of27.jpg

ss16of27.jpg

ss13of27.jpg

ss12of27.jpg

ss11of27.jpg

ss1of1-1.jpg

ss1of1-3.jpg

ss1of1-2-1.jpg

The crwal to reach the brewery
ss2of3.jpg

One of the brewing tanks
ss3of3.jpg

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Paris Catacombs, Jan 09 REPORT

Yep, still seeing new stuff down there, even more on the next trip (Dweeb - email that guy).

Notes: The Aquduc le Vanne is rarely visited, yet it has some of the best features to be found anywhere. Lots of new painting in Le Plage. Pile of red stuff on the floor.

New for me, the shelter at Abri St Anne...

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

The fermentation vessels under the old brewery...

IMG_5411.jpg

Le Plage...

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

Aqueduc Le Vanne...

IMG_5433.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg