real time web analytics
Report - - Parisian party time - February 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Parisian party time - February 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What follows is a write up of a trip that a lot of 28ers took part in, although these are only the two core nights, others were there for longer. I only had my compact, and mainly took people shots. I took some more 'serious' photos of the catacombs last year and also put a video together. This trip was much more about le party.

Laurel was celebrating her birthday in February, so what better excuse to load three cars full of English people to join the festivities? After a pretty choppy 2.30am crossing courtesy of Big Jobs Limos ltd. we eventually landed in Paris and after a casual lifting of the right lid made our way in.

DSCF2578.jpg

DSCF2554.jpg

DSCF2555.jpg

The Ram Room

DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

After trying to head West off of the map of GSN and failing after I breached, we took a d-tour via a little network that had been dug out a lot since the last survey. Found some pretty cool rooms, not that my compact could do them much justice in the light.

DSCF2565.jpg

This room below was sweet, stooping through thick, gloopy mud, to find a room being dug out covered in very fine silt. A nice find.

DSCF2574.jpg

DSCF2577.jpg

There was a well around the corner, so I tried a few photos there.

DSCF2580.jpg

DSCF2582.jpg

After making our way to the meeting point we met OT's carload, then slowly French people joined us, choppered in supplies from the ladderless manhole above, then headed off to the party room for the main event.

DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2586.jpg

Our hosts did us proud here - burritos for everyone!

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

DSCF2590.jpg

As you can see the case of John Smiths I smuggled over was well worth it for quality of photos. No idea when, but the party was pretty much smoked out a bit later on. Lots of people, alcohol and food. Just what you want rather than sleeping in a dank quarry.

DSCF2593.jpg

Zuuuuuuu!!

DSCF2595.jpg

DSCF2597.jpg

DSCF2598.jpg

Le Sophie et Mark.

DSCF2599.jpg

Apparently we got smoke-bombed in Oyster, and I snored through it. Twice.

DSCF2603.jpg

The afternoon after. Every trip to Paris should involve jumping out of a manhole covered in filth, not seeing the Eiffel Tower and a metro ride to Macdonalds.

DSCF2604.jpg

DSCF2605.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF2608.jpg

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

But preferably not flagging down a French motorist to jumpstart the car...

DSCF2611.jpg

To be continued....​

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
From here we made our way north, and after faffing about a residential street we made our way into one big ass quarry, which had some of the biggest tunnels I've come across. I understand form those who did more than just drink that there was a lot to see. I wasn't feeling fantastic once we got in here and waited for about 90 minutes in a cold, drafty tunnel, so didn't feel like spending ages trying to get my compact to play ball off of the beaten track for an eon. Did get to see how to open a bottle of wine using a shoe though.

As with the night before, partying took a preference to actually doing some exploring, so these photos are bad in quality and heavy on people.

DSCF2614_zps32zwghal.jpg

DSCF2615_zpso8ejuhnq.jpg

Le Sophie went for a ride on the Jonny P train.

DSCF2616_zps0mkcagq1.jpg

Unfortunately none of my photos show it properly, but in the middle of the massive, huge quarry, the locals are built a party room out of dry stone, the main feature being a stone table/bench combo that can fit 20 or so people around. Beware, however, because if you topple the walls (which are of course structurally sound) Laurel's friend will put a maglite up your anus.

DSCF2617_zpswe9eg4u3.jpg

We also learnt about a traditional french fish song (link to follow).

DSCF2619_zpsmk4hd0gv.jpg

DSCF2621_zpstxglvblu.jpg

The explorer formerly known as Hydra. Jobs had taken my camera at this point.

DSCF2623_zps4ahyf5pc.jpg

Still Jobs...

DSCF2625_zpslwy0bvtz.jpg

Mark got pretty stoned.... GET IT??

DSCF2633_zpsg2m1brpm.jpg

Three hours kip and we were back up, packed up, and followed Andy J's route out, taking us an alternative way through some Parisian woods on a cold, crisp Sunday morning.

DSCF2634_zpsvnf1bagt.jpg

DSCF2635%20-%20Copy_zpsgcfu8baj.jpg

DSCF2636_zps3rrxbvpl.jpg

The drive back to England was by no means fun, and being so far back in the limo around sleeping people meant that I may as well have some music on. And take photos of sleeping people. Trip was fine until we hit the M25. Nightmare.

DSCF2637_zpsxdf39ro3.jpg

Thanks for reading, a big thanks to Big Jobs for driving, and thanks to everyone down there (too many names to mention really). Let's do it again soon.

Sir JonnyPenishead​

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Brilliant ! A great set of candid shots there mate. You don't need any more than that really.

Was a cracking trip, saw loads, met loads, drank loads, explored loads ! Just the way it should be.

And you know what, we were just a small part of it, English, French and god knows what else and how many other groups. And not a single bit of bullshit, it was perfect. Goes to show how messed up the UK scene is.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
JonnyP, the king of focus.

It was a brill trip, roll on the next one. :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I don't know who I told to 'do one' early in the morning at Hennoque, but I really hadn't had much sleep.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details