Web
Analytics
Report - - Park Hall House, Chorley, July 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Park Hall House, Chorley, July 2019

Chickadea

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
About me and The Explore

After lurking on this site for a few years due to stumbling across St. Joes in Upholland, I thought I was probably due to upload. :thumb
So here we are, my first report.
After much persuasion of all of my friends, I finally managed to get somebody to come explore with me, after a failed attempt at St. Joes, Failed attempt due to what i'd call rabid dogs at Camelot, I decided to take a trip down the road to this place. Well know but in my eyes an oldie but Goldie. Parked up at the pub next door and off we walked in the pouring rain to gain access, which may I say was a breeze... except for the countless nettle stings we endured. :cool:

History

This place is so over done so as we are well aware there isn't much around about the place, built in the 1920's or 30's the house is massive and may I say, in my opinion stunning. Massive piece of land it sits on, all rooms have beautiful fire places and some magnificent tilling downstairs on the floors. Newspaper clippings date back to the 80's, so if the house has been stood that long empty it's in pretty good nick.

Pictures

There are more pics on my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/gp/182969406@N03/88N946

Hope this first report is ok!!! :)

Coxieboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That paper, 1980, the year I started work.......

BigGiant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know a tiny bit of info on this place. The previous owner was called Ishmael and he was in his 90's when he died over 10 years ago. He had a passion for old agricultural equipment and machinery and all of the many outbuildings and barns were rammed full of this machinery until the family had the land cleared earlier this month. There is planning permission for 2x bungalows on the land, and work has already commenced on the foundations. The family's plans for the house are still unknown?

Chickadea

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know a tiny bit of info on this place. The previous owner was called Ishmael and he was in his 90's when he died over 10 years ago. He had a passion for old agricultural equipment and machinery and all of the many outbuildings and barns were rammed full of this machinery until the family had the land cleared earlier this month. There is planning permission for 2x bungalows on the land, and work has already commenced on the foundations. The family's plans for the house are still unknown?
Amazing. I'd hate to see the house go, It's stunning.