Web
Analytics
Report - - Park Hall Road House, Chorley, September 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Park Hall Road House, Chorley, September 2017

UrbandonedTeam

the north
28DL Full Member
The Day
One of our first semi-nightime explores, I actually found it much more enjoyable so I might do some more from now on, nothing beats sunny daylight shots though.

History
There is barely anything on this site. My Mum reckons it was built between 1920s and 1930s because of the architecture and was occupied until around 1970-1980 from certain newspapers we found. I think it was a chicken farm as deep in the undergrowth you can find some pens and there is also chemical bottles which from researching their names, they are animal tranquilizer/poison.

The Visit
We got dropped off a little down the road and wandered in quite easily, the only issue was the heavy mass of bushes that had grown all over the site and looked quite beautiful honestly. There was way more buildings than anticipated, and we spent a long time having a snoop around them, the two cars and a caravn inside a little barn before we strolled up to the main house.

Sadly, there original way in I'd seen on videos and by working out had been done up therefore we couldn't make it in. Also, unlike on Google Maps, there are new signs outside explaining you of the alarm system they have rigged in the house (apparently) now, so if we had managed to get inside, we would have had to be very careful.

Anyway, we got some nice exterior shots and did have a peer through the solid, huge windows and it looked magnificent inside. It will have be returned to once we find out access is available. I'd still recommend to the outer buildings and cars, because they are very interesting to snoop around at.

Pictures

A lot of the buildings were very dark and I need some better equipment for low-light photography so you'll have to deal with these right now. Still, I think they came off OK, leave me some feedback if you wouldn't mind :)

I'm gonna save the video of this for if anything goes wrong when we try to double upload per week in October, so be on the lookout for it if you're interested. Anyway, enjoy the pictures :)

37138872350_10911c5999_b.jpg

37138872080_5fbf447685_b.jpg

37348565176_f0c7ffb8d3_b.jpg

37138871890_84d3e6e851_b.jpg

23543809058_6f93c36788_b.jpg

37348565046_312d137d9c_b.jpg

23543808648_9c3d9df229_b.jpg

23543808578_97cd702dc1_b.jpg

Thanks for reading :)