real time web analytics
Report - - Park Royal LTD, Bury - March 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Park Royal LTD, Bury - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Park Royal LTD

2mmya0.jpg

"the derpiest derp I've ever derped in"

Visited with @TunnelMon on a sunny March afternoon. We didn't really have much else to do so we headed down to a building I'd seen whilst looking out of the window of a tram - I'd spotted access too and it didn't look too difficult at all. However, as we were walking down we were stopped by a man asking how to get to Elton Res...we told him, then he spent the next 15 minutes asking us what we were doing with our cameras whilst TunnelMon bullshitted about 'Victorian brickwork' and 'railway bridges' to him.

I don't have a clue when this building was built and I don't have a clue when it was abandoned. The company was started 'over 30 years ago' and 'produces and delivers aggregates from their own quarry in Accrington and can also source and supply materials as required'. It looked like it was once used for loading trucks but if I'm honest I couldn't care less.

10zmjr5.jpg

Once Mr.Brickwork had left us to it, we realised access was not as standard as it had first appeared; we had to climb through gardens, over fences, and up onto the actual building before we got to the ground floor window I'd seen from the tram :confused: And once we were in? I'd rather have been taking pictures of brickwork and railway bridges than this place, which is why zero effort has been made photography-wise. The only interesting thing was (believe it or not) the brickwork and the bricked-over windows.

2jae0kj.jpg

117td20.jpg

33140ol.jpg

Downstairs...
2hdbd69.jpg

15ea6w5.jpg

2nimvdj.jpg

Getting out was even worse than getting in - we made our way back across the rotting floorboards, down the rickety stairs, through the window and into an impenetrable wall of brambles. There was no way we were getting back up onto the wall and there was no way we were getting through the brambles, so up onto the tram tracks we went for a fun game of dodge the tram! Way too much effort...

10/10 would not derp again.​

Last edited:

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Iv e lost count the number of times ive gone to super human effort to get into places only to be totally let down once in still you will never know if you dont try thats the chance you take with this hobby.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As Dave rightly said you never know till you look! Some epic stuff turns up in some right s**t holes. Keep at it!

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Definitely +1 for effort bolts matey . And yep you never know . Could be a gem hidden anywhere. And definitely seen Shit outside but inside has been a belter. Thx for post matey .

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As Dave rightly said you never know till you look! Some epic stuff turns up in some right s**t holes. Keep at it!
Just another one ticked off the list if you ask me! A lot of wasted effort but I'll find something good one day...
Definitely +1 for effort bolts matey . And yep you never know . Could be a gem hidden anywhere. And definitely seen #### outside but inside has been a belter. Thx for post matey .
Cheers mate! Glad you liked it, wouldn't advise this place for when you come down to Bury though haha