Web
Analytics
Parkour | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Parkour

I

Insomniac

Any of you guys do this? i've found that the techniques for clearing walls etc are a big help when running from... well, anyone. chavs/security/w.e.

Vivo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it has the potential to be a fun hobby but round here the 'scene' is full of kids who think they are ninjas and can do anything. I don't think it's useful in modern society, but I do admire it in the same way I admire dancing :gay

The exploitation of your surrounding environment can only be encouraged as far as I'm concerned though.

Solomon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its one of them things I have always admired and wanted to get into, but just never get around to. Running around the rooftop of the Arndale was about the closest I have ever got to it. :)

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
My mate's bro is heavily into it, but then he also appeared in beijing doing something gymnastic related (can't remember what).

He runs a club down essex way keepin kids off the streets, or would that be on the streets. hmmm.

M

Morlock

I just think its awesome. I discovered clips of it on U toob showing the guy who is claimed to have invented' it (David Belle). That guy can climb a building in seconds! Theres also a Russian guy whos done it for the latest bond films. If I was remotely fit I would love to do this, like you say.....great for running from the neds and scallies!

If it keeps even a small number of bored teenagers from doing arson and vandalism its a winner!

I

Insomniac

it's great for evading anything, i find. especially when you get used to the back on your back. smooth movements = faster escape while security/chavs/coppers are all being flummoxed by whatever obstacle you just cleared.

M

Morlock

it's great for evading anything, i find. especially when you get used to the back on your back. smooth movements = faster escape while security/chavs/coppers are all being flummoxed by whatever obstacle you just cleared.
my fave is a clip of a guy on UTOOB who gets into his car through the open window feet first in like a second AFTER vaulting a wall and a roof and drives off leaving the cops scratching their gentials

G

ginjaninja

I really want to give it a try, been fascinated for years and when I saw some being done in France I got really inspired. They do some training classes in London for anyone who's tempted but put off by lack of knowledge or skill :)

N

Nicodemus

checkout District 13; a french film with loads of parkour in it. I'm trying to get into free running atm but like Sjollema says it takes a lot of time and dedication to get any good at it.

bluemoth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
heya - i do parkour with my friends (who also UE with me) this is one of our videos (im the one all in white) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZzCtlqERs
gimme a shout if your from south coast and want to go Exploring
Wow! What a wicked video! Wish I could do that! Am currently trying to master the art of ice skating which is the extent of my physical exersion and is of no use whatsoever when it comes to urban exploration and usually involves me getting shown up by some cocky 8 year old! :banghead

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Wow! What a wicked video! Wish I could do that! Am currently trying to master the art of ice skating which is the extent of my physical exersion and is of no use whatsoever when it comes to urban exploration and usually involves me getting shown up by some cocky 8 year old! :banghead
Remember, you have two knives on the bottom of your feet.

You could always accidentally fall over near them, and kick them in the face.

They won't be so cool then will they :p