real time web analytics
Report - - Parkview Community College of Technology, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, Sept 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Parkview Community College of Technology, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, Sept 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Purple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finally posting this one.

History
"Parkview Community College of Technology (or simply Parkview School) took over the former grammar school buildings naming the boys school Fraser Building and the girls school Auld Building. Both buildings were connected via the a new sports department and sports hall, while an extension to Fraser Building included Parkview's technology faculty. In 1979 Up to 2009, Parkview was Barrow's largest school in terms of pupil numbers and land area, with around 1,000 pupils attending the school." -- Wikipedia

It used to be a beautiful building that retained it's early-1900s flair throughout. The building was demolished a few weeks after these were taken, so these are possibly the last photos that exist of the place. I only got into the east wing of the building as I think I heard some people in the other wing and could'nt be bothered sleuthing - just wanted a casual look.

iPhone quality only sorry, didn't take my full kit with me this time around. Also I'm sorry if they're too big.

q64y7WC.jpg

hoSKRII.jpg

1YA8VVI.jpg

ntegioQ.jpg

wnNytaV.jpg

2gnubEC.jpg

Xt7QHTM.jpg

J342Y2U.jpg

asWFWIQ.jpg

CyEoR0x.jpg

5iG5zPE.jpg

ctp9GMy.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Domatron

28DL Member
28DL Member
I used to explore this building all the time before a friend of mine accidentally burnt it down thanks for snapping these so i can remember it in all its former glory