real time web analytics
Report - - parkway culvert sheffield 14.9.19 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - parkway culvert sheffield 14.9.19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
walking the pooch around bowden wood and retracing my childhood playground we came across a culverted section of the carbrook just before it goes under the parkway , as far as i know this hasnt been covered on here so naming rites bagged im giving it the unimaginative name of parkway culvert ( if this has been posted before my sincere apologies ) anyroad up to the infall which to my surprise wasnt locked and in i went

corrugated steel pipe to start

looking back to the entrance just before the first manhole

the first manhole was a bit of a surprise complete with shopping trolley thrown in

looking up i was surprised to see it was a 3 level manhole chamber and quite large in diameter haddnt expected this !

moving on from the manhole the pipe changed to RCP climbing over shopping trolley number 2 i pressed on

this went on for a bit then came up to another manhole

spared no expense on these manholes for what is a small brook , this pipe went on a bit further the culvert was a lot longer than i was expecting i then approached what looked like a dead end but was in fact a storm drain flap i did get it to move a bit but not enough to crawl through

no way out here so back out the way i came in , thanks for watching :thumb

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Well done on going in this! I wound up here early one morning having found it as a possibility on a map, but decided not to bother as the pipe was small and there was a trolley lodged in that grid too! Excuse the crap pic but I’m including it just to confirm it’s the same thing (I think it is!)

Nice work getting it done. Wonder what’s stopping that flap budging?

Oh and I do like a corrugated pipe!

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
thanks tarky , the flap does move and with a second person you would have no problem getting out but i went down on my own and diddnt want to risk getting stuck lol it is the same inlet

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
thanks tarky , the flap does move and with a second person you would have no problem getting out but i went down on my own and diddnt want to risk getting stuck lol

Sensible! Is the flap just in the main section of the pipe? Seems to be, I’m just wondering why given that it must be blocking the flow of the brook from its origin? Unless Ive got things back to front?!

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sensible! Is the flap just in the main section of the pipe? Seems to be, I’m just wondering why given that it must be blocking the flow of the brook from its origin? Unless Ive got things back to front?!
its at the outfall or exit of the pipe i moved it enough to peek outside and the water returns to a open air brook , im guessing the flap is just to keep people out

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
its at the outfall or exit of the pipe i moved it enough to peek outside and the water returns to a open air brook , im guessing the flap is just to keep people out

Oh sorry, I’m with you now! I was getting things backwards. I’m pretty sure it’s then open until the bit we’ve reported on. Anyway, good work again! Look forward to see where you end up next!

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Oh sorry, I’m with you now! I was getting things backwards. I’m pretty sure it’s then open until the bit we’ve reported on. Anyway, good work again! Look forward to see where you end up next!
yes you got it now thanks again