real time web analytics
Report - - Parys Mountain - Anglesey - Sep 2008 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Parys Mountain - Anglesey - Sep 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

muckyminer

OK, bear with me as this is my first 'proper' posting, so don't rip me to pieces too much!

Parys mountain is one of my favorite places, both above and below ground. This visit was a chance to grab some pics of the most modern part of the complex, the headframe of the Huw Morris shaft. Unfortunately because a re-opening may be on the cards most of the best mining tat has been cleared away, but there's still plenty to see.......

headframe.jpg

The actual cover over the shaft, one sheet of steel then a 300 metre drop! Some mad hydraulic rams and pulleys that used to operate it...
shaft.jpg

ram.jpg

pulley.jpg

sign.jpg

A couple of the 'kibbles' stood round rusting...
kibbles.jpg

Big scary ore hopper thingy...
hopper.jpg

Pithead bath! Oh, and make sure you don't enter cos the camera's will get you... Incidentally, old mine workings are dangerous...
bath.jpg

Still piles of core samples stacked up in the yard.
cores.jpg

How's this for the view from the office window! Can't be many better in the UK...
sunset.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the 'public' trail on the mountain...
trail.jpg

Apologies for the photo posting cock up, told you I was a clueless newbie!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doferdude

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice photos! I'm too fat to get over or through the fence! When I went there were broken into shipping containers which contained the cores drilled out by the driller in the main shed. There were 3 open containers each filled with row upon row of stacks of stone core.

Hmp-Caver

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
984ft Drop right below that metal plate! an SRT Abseilers (i.e "Mine" no pun intended lol) dream!