real time web analytics
Report - - Peirmont Park Air Raid Shelter - Broadstairs June 2019 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peirmont Park Air Raid Shelter - Broadstairs June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh June, the time of the year for frolicking upon Thanet's golden beaches, and basking in the blazing sun....I think not!

Whilst the masses enjoyed their day of being swamped in a sea of 'down from Londoners' and shrieking children on an overcrowded patch of litter ridden sand. My friend and I thought it best to shimmy up a manhole in the nearby park, and how rewarding our quick shimmy turned out to be.
Below a seemingly normal park, lays a pristine network of wartime air-raid tunnels. It is said that this shelter was able to house up to 130 civilians in the event of an airborne attack on Thanet, and with its walls hardened with reinforced concrete, and numerous escape ladders, it made for the ideal safe haven.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Nice one, not heard of this place before

Its on the forum, this was my first report on here back in 09 (i think) :D. Not good to mention the access and show your ladder in the photos. Every other manhole has been welded but weve kept this one quiet for the past 10 years. :thumb

Also its pronounced/ spelt Pierremont. :thumb Very nice photos by the way

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its on the forum, this was my first report on here back in 09 (i think) :D. Not good to mention the access and show your ladder in the photos. Every other manhole has been welded but weve kept this one quiet for the past 10 years. :thumb

Also its pronounced/ spelt Pierremont. :thumb Very nice photos by the way
Oh dear, rookie mistake with my spelling there. Yeh you're right in all fairness, and fair play to you're lot for keeping it on the low down. I'll take heed

D

Deleted member 133898

Ahh June, the time of the year for frolicking upon Thanet's golden beaches, and basking in the blazing sun....I think not!

Whilst the masses enjoyed their day of being swamped in a sea of 'down from Londoners' and shrieking children on an overcrowded patch of litter ridden sand. My friend and I thought it best to shimmy up a manhole in the nearby park, and how rewarding our quick shimmy turned out to be.
Below a seemingly normal park, lays a pristine network of wartime air-raid tunnels. It is said that this shelter was able to house up to 130 civilians in the event of an airborne attack on Thanet, and with its walls hardened with reinforced concrete, and numerous escape ladders, it made for the ideal safe haven.

Only location where security were running around and actually called the rozzers!!

Who has read this thread (Total: 260) View details