real time web analytics
Report - - Pellipar Burn Update 2 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pellipar Burn Update 2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cjdonnelly

Tunnelmaster
28DL Full Member
Went back to cover a few places and thats under ballyquinn road and the culvert of pellipar bridge.
here is the photos starting with the big tunnel with an improved phone
there are 2 sections of this tunnel the ballyquinn tunnel and the pellipar tunnel. they both started from old bridges and later became tunnels and likely this year these tunnels will bond together and become one tunnel starting downstream from the big bridge to the old pellipar bridge
1549318385438.jpg

The outlet of the big tunnel this was once a bridge way back in the day when i was younger now its just a tunnel thank god all the overgrowth is cleared it was almost impossible before its easy now well it was 2 years since i seen this side and ive grown since then lets say that.
1549318574383.jpg

Im now under the old bridge you can see where i was standing at way back in the summer on that waterfall you cansee the size of the waterfall because the round tunnel is 6 feet in diameter.
1549318734534.jpg

Looking back at the light
1549318951341.jpg

The newer pipe culvert i mind this being open years ago it was basicly a cesspit everything you can imaging dumped over the parapet there was also a huge sewer overflow discharging into the river ive no idea where it goes now i thaught it emptied into the culvert there is a deep sump pit below that weir i dont know how deep it is but i would believe is damn deep i think it 3 to 4 meters maybe more.
onto the pellipar tunnel
1549319759882.jpg

looking uptream standing on the tunnel
1549319861440.jpg

Looking up the short open section soon to be covered looking up thats ballyquinn road bridge and the building adjacent is old john ts pub and restaurunt i know he moved to nearby town of feeny
1549320407273.jpg

looking in the old tunnel.
1549320776099.jpg

This is as far a i got i had no wellies and as you can see you have to step in the water and that water does not look good to stand in but there is not much to see in there anyways you can see the other side it was worth the effort to get as far as i could.
1549320999001.jpg

looking out the tunnel
1549321456260.jpg

The old pellipar bridge itself where the river exits and flows a fields length to the river roe.
thanks for looking