real time web analytics
Report - - Pepsi Max - Blackpool - 03-01-08 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pepsi Max - Blackpool - 03-01-08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

meth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok, am gonna start off with saying I didn't climb the main drop. I'm not fond of heights but was passing this place the other night and couldnt resist.

The pictures are not as good as they could, two reasons really. On the way up, i caught the tripod, smashing the head off and dropping it back to the ground. Made a hell of a noise, i kept still for a while after that making sure i wasn't seen! But it meant i was doing long exposure without a tripod, and it was bloody cold up there as well!! Also, the higher up i got - the more and more exposed i become, and i was very aware of that. I couldn't be standing on some bits for minutes at a time to get the right exposure, in the end i left the camera on a lower bit and carried on without it so there are no photos from the highest point i reached. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here are a few pics.

1> Looking down the track, with the latest new ride on the right hand side
3.jpg

2> Looking over toward the prom (approx 2 storeys up)
4.jpg

3> Can see the playstation/iceblast in the distance, the 'flame' at the top of the big dipper main drop
6.jpg

4> Luckily the ride was closed, the track is not quite complete!
7.jpg

5>
1.jpg

6> now this picture is awful.. i know this - just it is the only shot into the park i got that wasn't horrendously blurred.. it was underexposed instead/
5.jpg

that's all. like i say, not as epic as it could've been but i enjoyed - and thought it a good way to start 2008 :thumb

D

dreamworx

Re: Pepsi Max - Blackpool - 03-01-08 - REPORT

awesome!! pics are cool

some facts about this ride

Length: 5497 ft
Height: 213 ft
Drop: 205 ft
Descent Angle: 65°
Speed: 74 mph
Inversions: 0
Duration: 3:00