real time web analytics
Report - - Permanite Asphalt Matlock - June 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Permanite Asphalt Matlock - June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lucy_Furniss

Lucy
28DL Full Member
This is my first report so please feel free to let me know if I've done anything wrong or what I can do to improve. I'm also well aware my photography isn't the best...I'm still learning!
I know this place has been done a lot but there's something about it that I fell in love with after first visiting in late 2017. It's a real shame that since my last visit kids have burnt some of it down leaving some of the admin structure looking very sorry for its self.

Brief History
I know this has been covered 100 times over so I'll keep it brief. Permanite Asphalt was incorporated in 1989 and manufactured various asphalt products, these mainly being flooring blocks used to waterproof floors. The place used powdered limestone, sourced from the many queries around, and mixed it with hot bitumen. It is thought to have closed down around 2009/10.

The Explore
Access was pretty easy and security did not seem to be present, although a man in a white van did drive past twice whilst I was exploring the outside but didn't seem to be bothered in what I was doing so not sure who he was. Whilst there's not a lot left inside detail wise and has been completely trashed, there's still quite a bit to see structure wise and the factory floor is still coated in the limestone used.

The Pictures
fullsizeoutput_17.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_20.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_21.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_23.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_24.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_25.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_26.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_28.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_36.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_19.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_34.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_35.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2d.jpeg

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
For a first report, that looks perfectly fine to me. A little snippet of history and a dash of 'The explore'. Pictures formatted and set out well too.

I'm personally not interested in pictures of graffiti, but then again, you might not be interested in smelly tunnels and pictures of lumps of sandstone like me and a few other bods :sleep

So each to their own, keep the quality as in the pictures you've taken above, snap snap away :thumb

Lucy_Furniss

Lucy
28DL Full Member
For a first report, that looks perfectly fine to me. A little snippet of history and a dash of 'The explore'. Pictures formatted and set out well too.

I'm personally not interested in pictures of graffiti, but then again, you might not be interested in smelly tunnels and pictures of lumps of sandstone like me and a few other bods :sleep

So each to their own, keep the quality as in the pictures you've taken above, snap snap away :thumb
Thank you! I find myself interested in some graffiti but not all...would definitely like to re visit this place to take pictures of all the things I didn’t this time round and to see it from a different point of view! Think i’ll have to do it sooner rather than later as i’ve heard rumours of planned demolition :(

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Great first report.

Thank you! I find myself interested in some graffiti but not all...would definitely like to re visit this place to take pictures of all the things I didn’t this time round and to see it from a different point of view! Think i’ll have to do it sooner rather than later as i’ve heard rumours of planned demolition :(

Me, every time I look back at my photos after an explore!

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember when this place was up and running! I grew up in Matlock and could see the smoke in the valley, it was weird to go back but well worth it.
Nice easy one to start with, well done!

Lucy_Furniss

Lucy
28DL Full Member
I remember when this place was up and running! I grew up in Matlock and could see the smoke in the valley, it was weird to go back but well worth it.
Nice easy one to start with, well done!
I was too young to remember it properly as only 19 now but wish I could!!

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details