real time web analytics
Report - - Permanite Matlock 0518 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Permanite Matlock 0518

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When I was younger I lived in Matlock, I remember looking down the valley and seeing the steam from this place! Who would have thought it, 36 years later - I'm there!
After stir crazy set in I got looking at Google Maps and came across the site, I got into my car and got there as quick as I could. Daylight was in danger of slipping away. It was a glorious day and a shame to waste it!
I don't know much about the place; they made pitched fabric for shed roofs and larger industrial buildings, part of the mix was limestone powder - something that is plentiful in the region. There is a layer of the dust all over and it gives the place and eerie light effect in the dark. I got to the top of the tower, was impressed by the huge vent pipes hanging from the ceilings and all the left over machinery. Part of the site was recently burnt down but the remainder is still a sight to behold.
There are still remnants of other buildings nearby, one seemed like a scaled down version of the main site but was enveloped in foliage.
The office buildings are great derps too.

Enjoy!
_DSC4240b.jpg
_DSC4243b.jpg
_DSC4250b.jpg
_DSC4259b.jpg
_DSC4261b.jpg
_DSC4272b.jpg
_DSC4274b.jpg
_DSC4284b.jpg
_DSC4297b.jpg
_DSC4301b.jpg
_DSC4303b.jpg
_DSC4315b.jpg
_DSC4324b.jpg
_DSC4337b.jpg
_DSC4349b.jpg
_DSC4365b.jpg
_DSC4367b.jpg
_DSC4371b.jpg

FernTree60

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very good images! last time i went there it has inhabited with homeless people and i got a bit of a scare. I like the spot because of all the machinery still there and i agree its a great location.