real time web analytics
Report - - Peter Blacks Factory - Trowbridge - June 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peter Blacks Factory - Trowbridge - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Idavoll

Who?
28DL Full Member
Decided to try somewhere local for a change and this is just down the road. This was an eerie visit, the factory has so many pigeons flying around inside which kept making me jump and upon exploring the rooms I stumbled across what looked like a homeless person's bedroom. The contains for mixing the toiletries are still there though everything else has pretty much gone.

History
There's not a lot of history online about the factory; it was built in 1990's as a toiletries and skincare factory and for at least the past 8 or so years it has been shut. The building itself is slowly sinking in to the river Biss and attempts by the council and locals to buy the factory and knock it down has been refused by the owner who seems to be holding out for a better offer and letting the eye sore stand in the meantime.

DSCF8408_zps8d96c40b.jpg

DSCF8412_zps866e0e99.jpg

DSCF8437_zpsf899c58b.jpg

DSCF8414_zpsd6ea5a51.jpg

DSCF8420_zps432d68a7.jpg

DSCF8430_zpsd7503405.jpg

DSCF8433_zps9a46874b.jpg

DSCF8439_zpsdb17c4c0.jpg

DSCF8440_zpsef3b8398.jpg

DSCF8443_zpsba566e5e.jpg

eclectic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report mate. I hate pigeons too, they always make you :turd yourself when they fly about :mad

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Good on you for exploring the place. Shame it's a little stripped but looks like a good mooch. Pigeons can be so annoying, I had one, albeit briefly, land on my head once. True story.

Gary Cobb

28DL Member
28DL Member
I used to walk past there regulary that part of Trowbridge has changed a lot over the last 25+ years i used to explore the mill that stood next door what is now tescos...... also i used to work at Bowyers in the Pie department looking at the archive it felt strange knowing you actuality walked on thows floors ..... just a fyi before becoming the pie dep that section was the old salter house before it was closed in the 70,s it is the building on the left https://www.flickr.com/photos/g0lfw/6022110599/