real time web analytics
Report - - Peter Douglass Hydraulics Stockport - Feb 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peter Douglass Hydraulics Stockport - Feb 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I know some of you don't particularly like Derps, but i make no apologies as i am quite fond of some industrial Derpage, especially random ones like this which save the day from being a whole lotta fail.

The plan was to do some drainz, namely "The Works" however after a series of "mishaps" starting with balance failure, leading to shitty wet jeans, arse and half full waders, and on to camera failure, leading to dropping battery into said shitty water, the day was starting to look like a whole lotta fail.

Driving back, sat in my car on a bin bag and smelling like a Baghdad sewer, i decided to try and save the day, i stopped and cleaned the battery and finally got the camera to work, so i decided to check out a sad looking derp i have passed a few times recently.

I was not expecting much at all and it's not particulary exciting just quick local explore.

I can't really find any reliable history on what is just an old industrial unit which has probably been used many times over, the signs says hydraulics but it was just full of rusty old "stuff" so i am not 100% sure what the last usage of this place was, files left around were dated 03-04 so i guess it's been closed for maybe 9 or 10 years, i looks like the small unit on the end which is live, might be using some of the space to store materials, for welding.

So i give you........

Peter Douglass Hydraulics of Stockport.......

Peter was the younger brother of Michael Douglass the famous actor of "Wall Street" fame and son of Kirk Douglass the famous actor of "Spartacus" fame.

Peter always shyed away from the glitzy glamorous Hollywood lifestyle so he could persue his boyhood dream of owning a hydraulics company in Stockport, England.

And here is his legacy.....

34r.jpg
35r.jpg

1r.jpg

2r.jpg
20r.jpg

17r.jpg

10r.jpg

22r.jpg
21r.jpg

32r.jpg

4r.jpg