real time web analytics
Report - - Peter Scotts Textile Mill - Hawick - July 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peter Scotts Textile Mill - Hawick - July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Been a while since i did a report, exploring is very much on the back burner at the moment. Leads have almost dried up. Stuff that does come along seems to be nabbed by younger keener explorers before i can really be arsed and when i do beat someone to somewhere i find its A. Crap or B. I cant get in it and it goes unseen.. Boo! Still, a few weeks ago Myself, Dave and Dweeb headed up on the usual annual pilgrimage north of the boarder. I think the days of these trips being a none stop whirlwind of epic factories and sprawling hospitals are kind of behind us now sadly but never the less we still managed a few decent explores bolstered with some beer drinking, brutalist tower block hunting and the odd museum tour... This place is one of the few stops worth a quick report!

Myself and Dweeb narrowly missed out on getting in here last year so it was a fairly high priority this time round. I wont go into the full history, its a mill that made knitwear, founded in 1878, became a big employer in the town but was sold in 2010 and closed in 2016. We rocked up to find the only sensible way in blocked by a man working on the roof. We asked what the deal was and he said its just starting to be converted. Wouldn't let us inside tho! We decided to hang around a bit and thankfully it paid off. The bloke dispersed for a bit, how long 'a bit' was we didn't really know but his ladder made for a decent way inside none the less. Upon entering it was a little bit sketchy, a fire burned in the courtyard, alarm beeped away in the offices, footprints in puddles and even 'trip wires' setup in places to detect people like dweeb who doesn't look where hes stomping about put us a bit on edge. One of those places you can faintly hear banjos playing in the distance! Im pretty sure we got round most of it tho. 7.5/10 on my mill scale, lots to see and a nice place with a lot of history but lacked a really epic find or boxes of old things!

IMG_9831 (2).JPG

IMG_9732 (2).JPG

IMG_9739 (2).JPG

IMG_9751 (2).JPG

IMG_9756 (2).JPG

IMG_9753 (2).JPG

IMG_9778 (2).JPG

IMG_9762 (2).JPG

IMG_9791 (2).JPG

IMG_9794 (2).JPG

IMG_9797 (2).JPG

IMG_9812 (2).JPG

IMG_9805 (2).JPG

IMG_9819 (2).JPG

IMG_9817 (2).JPG

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Know that feeling about exploring at the mo.
Great to see in here, always looked good from outside when we've been around that way. Well done mate.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice, glad you got a 2nd chance here, rd trips are good. Been there re good ones but sealed, Ive one or two local, Id love to get in, one day hopefully. Well done, cant wait for the others, sounds an adventure.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Really like the look of this place. Had a nosey at here earlier in the year but had a fresh board on im guessing a freshly potted window.

Find owt else while yous were up that way?

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Really like the look of this place. Had a nosey at here earlier in the year but had a fresh board on im guessing a freshly potted window.

Find owt else while yous were up that way?

Slim pickings really. Theres a couple of other mills in the boarders which could be good but we either didnt manage them or only saw part of them. Then there was a couple of shitty hospitals, a half demo'd distillery and a half burnt out foundry really!

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice, there's some lovely bits in here! I'm yet to hit lucky with this place. Last time there was a strange Roy Cropper look-alike complete with shopping bag wondering around.