real time web analytics
Question - - Petzl bulb lamp - pimp up senseful ? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Petzl bulb lamp - pimp up senseful ?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got a Petzl Duo and a Petzl Zoom
What do I do with them, pimp up to led or dump ?
Has anybody done it and does it make sense ?

OPEN&ENTER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I genuinely love that phrase 'pimp up senseful?', but i have never heard of the word senseful, but i knew exactly what you meant. If it's not a word, it should be!

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I genuinely love that phrase 'pimp up senseful?', but i have never heard of the word senseful, but i knew exactly what you meant. If it's not a word, it should be!
ah, nice, as long as it doesn't mean totally shit it is fine.
had to be short as title; but this may happen, that I just translate as used in German.
I do only sometimes use dictionary

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
If I had it I would LED it and pimp it, but thats the kind of thing I do. my advice to some people would be bin it, for the price of converting it you can buy something better from china (yes it wont have petzl reliability but neither will this once you mess with it).

If you mod it it will be a 'labour of love' (not sure if that translates as a saying: but basically, its not worth it other than for the satisfaction you get), so if you dont mind wasting hours and will find modding it fun then do it, otherwise bin in.

all that said Ive not looked and you might get a simple drop in conversion, so may be worth doing, but put more effort in you'll get more out, just dont expect the results to be proportional to the effort.

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
problem: that modding versions in Morrisey's link are not cheap
but there is one great thing which makes it different to all other headtorches
they offer "warm white" light versions

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
thanks Mr. Kwan
but 120lm output is not very much I think. A pimp up must bring more light to it, than it already has.
but it might be worth a trial.
--------------------------------------------
just had a look on the euro : pound exchange rate ( 1: 0,7 ) and fell in tears

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details