real time web analytics
Report - - Phoenix Mill, Huddersfield - 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Phoenix Mill, Huddersfield - 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

oxygen police

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Phoenix Mill

History - in 1860 the mill was built, it had a long and prosperous life as a woollen mill, it contained lots of carding machines and some looms, production ceased in 2015.

The explore was unbelievable, it contained the most amount of looms I've personally seen. The storage area looked very new... which is a shame because i prefer the wooden floor old storage areas rather to the new crappy looking 2014 ones (still unbelievable) we didn't take many pictures which is a shame as the mill deserves more... definitely a re-visit needs to happen!

I'm still amazed by how many machines are in there and so is @TheFoxyOne, he joined me on the explore and begged me to put him in the thread which i don't mind :p

Anyway here are some pictures:

1529948322046.png

1529948369908.png

1529948491443.png

1529948792963.png
1529948805154.png

1529948901666.png

1529948962839.png

1529949230910.png

1529949166073.png

1529949357919.png
1529949389144.png

Nice derp that, cheers oxygen police

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Interesting to see a more modern take on textile production.
We're the looms foreign?

Paulxsplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not actually called Phoenix Mill. Coincidentally there is a Phoenix Mill in Huddersfield though, which I imagine you have walked around.

Yeah was lovely. Priced a new sofa up had a burger King. Walk down canal. On point. Lol.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
A bit of gamesmanship going on here.

I'm not certain, but this is probably Spring Grove Mill in Clayton West. The company here didn't cease trading in 2015 though, and the bare bones attempt at a history would be wrong.

I think it's a safe bet say this is still a ln operational mill seeing as all the lights are on, but, other than that, the attempts of the OP to conceal the whereabouts is working on me.

Although quite modern, it does look like a pretty decent one. If we can get a photographer in there that'd be great, so ant help from OP would be fab.

L

little_ boy_explores

A bit of gamesmanship going on here.

I'm not certain, but this is probably Spring Grove Mill in Clayton West. The company here didn't cease trading in 2015 though, and the bare bones attempt at a history would be wrong.

I think it's a safe bet say this is still a ln operational mill seeing as all the lights are on, but, other than that, the attempts of the OP to conceal the whereabouts is working on me.

Although quite modern, it does look like a pretty decent one. If we can get a photographer in there that'd be great, so ant help from OP would be fab.

It's one of Z Hinchcliffe's about a mile or two down the road from C/W... we've attempted the derelict part a few times (this is the working modern building to the side of the old mill)

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
A mile or two? What, in Denby Dale? Scissett? What's it called?

Either way it's live and not a derp.

What the hell was going on with that Birr' Mill post too? Stupidest named report ever. Don't understand.