Web
Analytics
Photobucket | General Chat | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Photobucket

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
I have paid for a photobucket account since 2007 but when my renewal came for this year they said it would cost $400 dollars if I wanted to host my images as I usually do and put links on sites like 28DL or my webpage, after much deliberation I fucked them off and deleted my account, so I felt pretty hard done by but it seems that it is right across the board with the exception of of their plus500 account only....are they fucking mad...I was happy to pay the $19 or even a little more but not $400..wankers. it is going to cause shit all across internetville.
goodbye photobucket..it will be gone soon.

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
I saw the word 'photobucket' and just wanted to say, they're shit.

I had to get that off my chest.

Not looking forward to our renewal date...
They are rolling it out across the board apparently, it is suicide for them I reckon, I am slowly moving my crap over to Flickr. I dont mind paying but this was holding me to randsome lol.

Dingle

Dockers Umbrella
Regular User
photobuckets crap, I use it for exploring photographs & nothing else
but if I stop paying them all my photographs will be lost.

gonna use Flickr now

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Well that's every single report I have done the photos have gone, thanks Photobucket :banghead

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Here's the reply from Photobucket when I have just asked about the justification of the new cost

"Our records show that you’ve been a valued member of our community for 11 years. That’s an incredibly long time to stick with one company in a competitive space like image hosting.

First, I’d like to thank you for your business, I’d then like to assure you that I’m here to guarantee your 100% satisfaction as I assist you with your question.

Due to the changing technical landscape, we needed to freshen up our terms specifically around the types of paid "Plus" accounts we are offering, as well as general services provided to any/all account types.

The specific updated details are outlined here: http://photobucket.com/pricing.

It is not the intention of Photobucket to force any change of service on any of our long-standing customers. We have updated all social media channels as well as placed a banner notification across our site.

If this update has impacted your experience negatively you have my sincere apologies, it's my goal to ensure your satisfaction, and while I may not be able to modify the terms as they exist today, I’ll do all in my power to ensure I help as much as I can.

Is there a specific question I can assist you with today?"

The Kwan

Easily Led
Regular User
Lol $40 dollars a month according to their pricing structure to post links to sites like 28 dl etc, they told me the same TLR.
I emailed back saying that I was closing my account and that he would be out of a job soon.
They mailed back saying that my account would not be deleted until a seven day period had passed and then they would delete it as requested. So I have deleted all of my images and fortunately have them backed up anyway.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I'll just see what response I get when I suggested they think they are 'fucking me over a barrel',

Did say I have all the photos and would prefer to use my time uploading them to a different image hosting site, and uploading new links rather than feeling I'm having the piss taken out of me.

More than happy to pay for a Flickr Pro account each year, have done for many years, but I don't want to put all my exploring photos on it as some are crap, sensitive or irrelevant.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
I ditched it back in 2006. Was shitty then and has only got worse. Simlar things have happened to people in the past resulting in many dead threads. I guess I should get se more old pictures up!

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
Photobucket has been going down hill for a while. I use imgur for posting on here and quite like it, its good for sharing whole posts to other places like fb, etc.. too. For other things I use flickr but thats mainly for my photography stuff, which I like to keep separate from exploring

Bertie Bollockbrains

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've already had all my threads on this site go dead - fortunately the photos never left my computer and are still there for my own use. They never even sent me an email informing me that 3rd party hosting was no longer free. It was users on this forum that told me all my image links were gone and it was a user in here that had to tell me they wanted $399 - that's bloody extortion.

Flickr from now on - just waiting on my 10 year son to show me how to use it.